whtractors24

Should I buy this D-180

whtractors24

I've nearly owned every wheel horse minus a D . This is for sale next to me with only 89 hours I believe it was Rick. V old unit the gentlemen thought it online off eBay in 2012 from Missouri brand new still had plastic on it .  What to do :think:

http://pho.to/AgGty

• Like 6

WVHillbilly520H

Nice :wh:, Now I don't have much experience with the "D" series are those 15" rear wheels? and if so where do I find a set of those wheel weights for another red tractor (sorry not :wh:) but for my eMax as it's 15" 6 lug, Now back on topic buy it if you don't like it flip it to one of our resident D nuts, Jeff.

• Like 1

stevebo

Jay,

IMO it is too big for your current storage area and the asking price will not allow you to turn a profit. I would not pursue.

• Like 1

Ken B
52 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Jay,

IMO it is too big for your current storage area and the asking price will not allow you to turn a profit. I would not pursue.

100 % agree with that statement...  I'm not too sure what the demand is on a D these days....

• Like 2

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:    If you just want to flip it then go with what Ken and Steve said. But, if you have an absolute burning desire to own a "D" in pristine condition then that may be the best opportunity you will ever have. It isn't my money being spent so I feel awkward telling you to buy it, but if you will regret not having purchased it then go get it. 

Asking us is a silly thing , you know we are all addicted to :wh:.

• Like 4

DennisThornton

That is nice! 

I've never even sat on a "D"! 

• Like 2

"D"- Man

Buy it, don't worry about storage as you can store it at my place!!!

• Like 4

buckrancher

no money to be made with that one

Brian

Terry M

That is one Nice looking "D"  . :)

jellyghost

The only real negative appears to be the price.  Everything else is perfect.  Just meditate on the right price, and make the guy a firm offer.  It looks awesome.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Since my fingers and brain don't seem to be working today , I did not see the asking price , but that sure looks nice. I had never seen a D until last year at the Big Show and only know what I read in the threads. I would be considering that purchase.

953 nut
14 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Since my fingers and brain don't seem to be working today , I did not see the asking price , but that sure looks nice. I had never seen a D until last year at the Big Show and only know what I read in the threads. I would be considering that purchase.

This is the text from the CL posting

I'm selling my 1974 Wheel Horse D 180 18 HP Kohler engine w/48 inch deck with only 89.7 hours of use on it. This tractor sat new in storage up until July of 2012 still in plastic never started. I put an engine hour meter and oil pressure gauge in it the first week. Everything is original not restored or rebuilt or repainted. I have the original factory battery never filled with acid. Comes with an extra set of Wheel Horse blades still in the original box. See it run on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvJwkZpck8

They are asking $ 4,200 and considering the fact that you would pay that for a "Big Box" POS that will fall apart in a few years I feel it is not out of line. :twocents-02cents:          Some one in New England will be happy they bought it!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks Richard , that is pricey , you sure will not a box store tractor to match it . With only 89 hours on it ,it is not even broken in good. I have seen D's for 3000.00 listed in the classifieds and they could use some TLC   I could not sell my El Camino and have enough money for the D180

• Like 2

farmer

Maybe this is out of line but..

kubota, 4x4, diesel, many common attachments, worth thinking about?

Tankman

Got an itch? Scratch.:ROTF:

Great looking D there and farmer, Kubota is definitely worth thinking about.

Son has one, loves it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Tankman said:

Got an itch? Scratch.:ROTF:

Great looking D there and farmer, Kubota is definitely worth thinking about.

Son has one, loves it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

If you want to stay RED ,4X4 ,diesel, FEL ,and clutch/gear drive and save a few $ there's always the Mahindra eMax22G, so for I'm very pleased with mine,and for size comparison I have parked beside a 520xi, Jeff.

IMAG2971.jpg

IMAG2970.jpg

IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG3060.jpg

• Like 7

JackC

I have 3 Ds and love them all. One has a loader and one has a plow.

They make good yard tugs or plow tractors. They are not good mowers.

Without differential lock or 4 wheel drive they get hung up easy.

When it comes to doing some serious work I would get one of these to keep them company.

WVHillbilly520H

Mine is a gear vs hydro, gain a little more PTO HP and cheaper price they also have 25 hp hydro version, I have put about 4-5 hours on it so far, it mows great with the 60" MMM usually in 2cd gear hi-range (3rd hi is approx 10-11 mph) also available full hydraulic 60" front blade and 54" snowblower, soft or hard cabs and any Cat1 3pt implements, my 520s aren't going anywhere, but I have to say this is a worthy investment IMHO and its RED! ,Jeff.

IMAG3173.jpg

IMAG3059.jpg