cschannuth

Snow Blade and a 606

cschannuth

Since I picked up a larger 54" blade for my C-161 I was wondering if I could add the rear axle bracket to my 606 and use my old 42" snow blade on it?

gwest_ca

If the 42" blade is also a 1978 or 1979 model it will fit the short frames tractors. The rear of the A-frame has a second set of holes so you can move or add the crossbar ahead about 6".

This later manual suggests it will need a long lift link.

Garry

• Like 3

cschannuth

Thanks, Garry. Just an update. I was able to get the 42" blade off dad's old C-161 set up on the 606. With the shorter coupling it lifts nice and high. I was able to rework the direction lever off the 54" blade to fit the 606 since it wouldn't work in the 161/54" blade combo. 

image.thumb.jpeg.20d7262319eca2768dda669f254fd9a4.jpeg

• Like 6

wallfish

Nice!

Is that 606 original paint?

A 606 is rare tractor since there weren't as many sold because most people opted for the electric start. Not saying rare equals more collectable, desired or worth more but definitely aren't that many out there.

• Like 2

rmaynard

Is that a Predator engine on there?

rjg854

kinda looks like it ;)

T-Mo

Here is the thread on Craig's 606:

• Like 2

cschannuth
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Nice!

Is that 606 original paint?

A 606 is rare tractor since there weren't as many sold because most people opted for the electric start. Not saying rare equals more collectable, desired or worth more but definitely aren't that many out there.

Yeah it is. When I got it I used 000 steel wool and Windex to clean it up and then I put several coats of Matte clear on it.  It was a roller when I got it. I did the same thing on dad's old blade. 

• Like 2

dclarke

The more I look at that 606, the more I like it. You did a nice job bringing it back to life, Craig! Those painted hub caps look good on there!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

cschannuth
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

Is that a Predator engine on there?

Yes sir. It didn't have an engine when I got it and my dad had the predator still in a box in his basement. I built it with stuff I had laying around. I splurged on decals and a seat cover.