Walhonding520

Parts manual

Walhonding520

I have been through the manuals on the site for my 520h and have done a good bit of searching on line, even on parts tree.  I want to replace all 3 belts and just want to find the correct numbers. The toro site doesn't seem to provide it anymore and the parts tree diagrams only had one belt number (114...). I'm not sure which belt this is. I found spark plug numbers and other filter numbers but the belts have been a problem. Thanks

• Like 1

Achto

If you have a Tractor Supply store near by, their Husky brand belt is a very good choice. I have had really good luck with the Husky belts. Take your old belts with to use as a reference to get the correct size.

• Like 2

WHX??

:WRS:

Need to elaborate a little more on what belts you need. One would assume the drive belt & two deck belts???

also the year of your 520 and model of the deck or attachment would help. Report back with that info and we'll see what size you need. In the meantime there is a handy Toro part number to belt length chart here, I'll go find it.

Here's the chart I mentioned, see if this helps. BTW Acto and I shop at the same TSC so I can vouch for their belts too.

Chart Belts Tractor drive belt charts _492-0392.pdf

• Like 2

rmaynard

The drive belt is 114895. That is 5/8 x 83, fabric covered. Other belts would have to be for the deck, in which case you will find info on them in the parts list for the particular deck that you have.

Walhonding520

Thank you. I will have to check the deck part number. I did not know the pto to deck belt was with the deck parts list. I have a tractor supply within 10 minutes so good to know I can use their belts.  While I'm thinking of it, do after market or generic air filters work fine? Will any general in line fuel filter work?  It's an '89 model, 3120OE02.

WHX??

Your welcome, It appears Bob has got you covered on the correct belt.

Yes and Yes on the filters

gwest_ca

Here is an original parts list

Operator manual

Good wiring diagrams

Garry

Walhonding520

Awesome. Thanks everyone. I just inherited my grandfathers 520h that he bought brand new in '90. He passed 14 years ago but my grandma has had it since and it's been used sparingly. I have enough place to use it now so it's mine. I know how good of a machine they are and it carries a lot of sentimental value (grandpa watching me mow telling me I was going to fast and the lines weren't straight). I plan on running it as long as it wants to so I will be asking a lot of questions.

gwest_ca

Mower decks are sized by their width of cut - not the width of the deck. That alone should give us enough info along with side or rear discharge to identify the belts required.

Garry

Walhonding520

its a 42" cut deck...

another questions... do most wheel horse front blades fit most wheel horses?

gwest_ca

Not necessarily the deck model you have but the belts will be the same. One is for side discharge and the other rear discharge.

The C-Series front blades except for the C-195 Twin Auto from 1974 up to 1984 will fit the 300, 400 and 500-Series. The later 520's with the forward swept front axle require an A-frame extension.

Sometimes the older models are called long frame tractors and that is what the 520 is.

Garry

Walhonding520

deck model number 0542MS05

gwest_ca

Garry