Racinbob

Mowing again as a Hoosier

HorseFixer

Well I only have 10 Tractors now, Have Pruned the heard down to a manageable size.  Yep outside now Installing 6 more Solar Panels that will put me at 38 for 10,500 watts. Once ya get yer place the way ya want it Ill hafta bring the Quad down and get you some nice Arial Shot's So you can hang one on the wall!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

~Duke 

• Like 3

Racinbob

Only 10?! Geez, that's hardly worth the 20 minute drive :teasing-wedgie:

It sounds to me that at 10.5kw you're getting some serious sell back to the power company. I'm a big believer in solar energy. The way I see it is that it's the only power source that's 100% reliable. Sure, there's cloudy days but if the sun doesn't come up I'm thinking we aren't going to have to worry about electricity. :scared-shocked:

We're loving the idea of an aerial picture. Other than a few repairs to the siding which wouldn't show there isn't much we will be doing to the exterior. Yea, we're going to plant a bunch of trees but we're realistic in the fact that we won't be here to see them mature. A shot as we bought the place would be so cool. I remember decades (5+) ago when a salesman came to the door holding a large framed picture (maybe 2'x3') of my parents place in Granger. It was taken from an airplane and they apparently figured that my dad wouldn't refuse to buy it since they had it in hand. The detail was great including three old car tires that us kids played with. Well, dad didn't like the angle of the shot and asked them to retake it. He ended up giving them a small down payment and got to keep the one they brought. The guys never returned and that picture hung in the living room for decades. Either my brother or sister have it now. Maybe after the trees fully leaf out we could do that. :clap:

• Like 2

HorseFixer
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

Only 10?! Geez, that's hardly worth the 20 minute drive :teasing-wedgie:

It sounds to me that at 10.5kw you're getting some serious sell back to the power company. I'm a big believer in solar energy. The way I see it is that it's the only power source that's 100% reliable. Sure, there's cloudy days but if the sun doesn't come up I'm thinking we aren't going to have to worry about electricity. :scared-shocked:

We're loving the idea of an aerial picture. Other than a few repairs to the siding which wouldn't show there isn't much we will be doing to the exterior. Yea, we're going to plant a bunch of trees but we're realistic in the fact that we won't be here to see them mature. A shot as we bought the place would be so cool. I remember decades (5+) ago when a salesman came to the door holding a large framed picture (maybe 2'x3') of my parents place in Granger. It was taken from an airplane and they apparently figured that my dad wouldn't refuse to buy it since they had it in hand. The detail was great including three old car tires that us kids played with. Well, dad didn't like the angle of the shot and asked them to retake it. He ended up giving them a small down payment and got to keep the one they brought. The guys never returned and that picture hung in the living room for decades. Either my brother or sister have it now. Maybe after the trees fully leaf out we could do that. :clap:

Ok haven't flown it in a year so lemme start getting the Dust blew off of it. We have plenty of time sometime this summer or would you like a fall shot. Here is one of Scotty's Meet N Greet.

• Like 2

Racinbob

Awesome videos! For a moment in the first one I thought you were going to hit the basketball backboard. I'm amazed how stable it is in that wind. It's a shame Scott isn't doing the M&G anymore. I got to one a few years ago when we just happened to be up here that weekend. My grandson came with me. Unfortunately I didn't know anybody at the time but it was still a good time.

A summer shot would be nice. Are you going to Mentone in June?

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Yes, we are planning on it if nothing happens.

wh500special

Beautiful place, Bob.  Congrats on being Back Home Again in Indiana!

I dream of one day being back in South Bend.  I've moved around a couple of times and it's still my favorite place to be.  Lots of fishing opportunities, one of the places that celebrates Dyngus Day, nice weather (well...9 months of it anyway), friendly Midwestern people, plenty of places to fish, low relative taxes, lots to do, enough culture to keep you happy, and access to great fishing.

Looks like lots of weed eater time for you!  Better start looking for a zero turn!!

Welcome home!

Steve

• Like 1