Racinbob

Mowing again as a Hoosier

elcamino/wheelhorse

How much land do you have ? The place looks great. More room for :wh:. More pictures please.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:       Beautiful,  keep the pics coming.

• Like 2

953 nut
49 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Two 26'x32' garages

:woohoo:  Lots of room to build the herd!  :ychain:   Great looking homestead, enjoy.

• Like 2

WHX??

That's a lot of grass to cut Bob...I see a 60 incher in your future! Hopefully you have a horse to run back and forth from the house to the lower barn. Keep at it and you'll get caught up on things. 

Looks like you might have  more than enough room for a M&G ahem cough cough!:lol:

Edited by WHX11
Speeling
  • Like 4

dclarke

Looks like a very nice place, Bob! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Keep the pics coming.

• Like 2

ACman

Looking good Bob :handgestures-thumbupright:

1 hour ago, WHX11 said:

Looks like you might have  more than enough room for a M&G ahem cough cough!:lol:

:text-yeahthat:... have all us RS buddies come over...you play general IMG_1754.GIF.fedf4db2b151290400a3535037a4f393.GIF and give orders. Just think of all that free labor :chores-mowlawn:  !

• Like 4

r356c

With a property like that, Deltona should already seem like just a bad dream.

Congratulations on making the move Bob! A beautiful location for the Horses to tend to!

Edit:

Bob, now that you are safely clear of Deltona, I'll give my impression for any of you guys thinking of retiring to Florida...

I attended Deltona Jr. High School in the early 70's. Deltona was built out in three phases. I spent many hours 10-speed bicycling through paved but undeveloped areas two and three of Deltona during those years. I still remember my only spotting of a Florida Lynx with a cub in her mouth crossing the road in front of me one day.

That was -43- years ago! The original crop of Northern retirees in Deltona are long gone twice over. The housing boom crash of 2008 brought in big money investors that turned a substantial portion of foreclosed homes into rental properties. This has the expected negative result on the character of the community. The big money investors don't seem to be selling their rental properties back to individual owners to this day...

If I were looking to retire to Florida on less that a multi-millionaires budget, The Villages would be my first choice. It is still a 'first wave' of retirees community. I shudder to think what the place will look like in 30 years, but by then it is someone else's problem.

Edited by r356c
  • Like 4

953 nut

That is the reason we are in North Carolina rather than Florida. We bought a small citrus grove West of Ft. Pierce, Florida as a retirement home site, twenty years later it was nearly down town. We did make a nice profit on it and the part of North Carolina we live in is remote enough that it should remain rural the rest of our lives.

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

Nice looking place Bob, with lots of grass to mow! Welcome back to Indiana!

• Like 1

ztnoo

Now you remember exactly what it's like to be a Hoosier this time of year with twice a week mowings!

Welcome back home!

Beautiful looking place.....

• Like 1

19richie66

Great looking place Bob. Yes....... I see a meet & greet coming. We can have "The Big Show" and "The Bob Show".  Looks like you would have plenty of room. 

As far as retiring to Florida.....ugh!  I am south of Deltona in the quickly going to crap section of central Florida. Hopefully 5more years and the wife retires then we are going to try and sell and head to South Carolina. I hate it here anymore. Ready for a change. Congratulations Bob! 

• Like 4

HorseFixer

Welcome home Bob!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  How big a yard you got?  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Very nice place Bob

Such Florida bashing, but I can understand the growth issue. My property taxes have skyrocketed due to the increasing property values.

Bob, you might have to move over in Indianan, or at least start shipping me some horses to Texas!,

• Like 3

Racinbob

I definitely have a M&G in the back of my mind. I don’t see it happening this summer though. I have way too much to do. Aside from the usual, half of the house needs to be rewired. You can see the two distinct ‘halves’ of the house. The original half on the left was built in 1935. A lot of you know what type of wiring was used back then. Add that to 80+ years of homeowner add ons and modifications and I’ve discovered a mess. It needs a complete rewire. Fortunately, the newer addition to the right was done in 2002 is in pretty good shape other than where the previous owner did a few things……….

5900ae9f1d32c_HouseFront042617.thumb.JPG.638c78e51e5d70164ccb6c1ec0419054.JPG

The tractors wanted to pose. The 500 Special lives in this garage because it isn't done and can't be driven right now. It would be easy to get it down to the lower garage but it would have to be towed back up. Hopefully I can get it finished before winter.

5900ae3983f34_TractorPose042617.thumb.JPG.64aa26a1bbd30cb92ff887efe61f0cf2.JPG

5900af0132e62_DownHill042617.thumb.JPG.8ca9c50ece626096829c57fb45a4396c.JPG

11 hours ago, r356c said:

With a property like that, Deltona should already seem like just a bad dream.

Congratulations on making the move Bob! A beautiful location for the Horses to tend to!

Edit:

Bob, now that you are safely clear of Deltona, I'll give my impression for any of you guys thinking of retiring to Florida...

I attended Deltona Jr. High School in the early 70's. Deltona was built out in three phases. I spent many hours 10-speed bicycling through paved but undeveloped areas two and three of Deltona during those years. I still remember my only spotting of a Florida Lynx with a cub in her mouth crossing the road in front of me one day.

That was -43- years ago! The original crop of Northern retirees in Deltona are long gone twice over. The housing boom crash of 2008 brought in big money investors that turned a substantial portion of foreclosed homes into rental properties. This has the expected negative result on the character of the community. The big money investors don't seem to be selling their rental properties back to individual owners to this day...

If I were looking to retire to Florida on less that a multi-millionaires budget, The Villages would be my first choice. It is still a 'first wave' of retirees community. I shudder to think what the place will look like in 30 years, but by then it is someone else's problem.

2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Great looking place Bob. Yes....... I see a meet & greet coming. We can have "The Big Show" and "The Bob Show".  Looks like you would have plenty of room. 

As far as retiring to Florida.....ugh!  I am south of Deltona in the quickly going to crap section of central Florida. Hopefully 5more years and the wife retires then we are going to try and sell and head to South Carolina. I hate it here anymore. Ready for a change. Congratulations Bob! 

I could be wrong but I think Deltona may be on a bit of an upswing. There's a lot of building going on and homes are flying off the market. It only took us 6 days. Richie, I hope it all works out for you. If not for family the Carolinas would likely be for us as well.

Thanks all for the kind words.

• Like 6

WHX??

Real nice Bob! Have you got a deck on the back for evening lounging and looking out on that pasture? Might be some nice sunsets there!

19 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

I don’t see it happening this summer though

Didn't you catch what Jeff mentioned about FREE labor?!? I'm pretty good with wiring & Stevasaurus is pretty good with giving orders. Now if we can get him to take orders...... orders for adult beverages that is! :ychain:

Ah while you guys are all here mind given me a hand with ???

Forgot to ask how are the neighbors? You know what they say ,,, you can pick your nose and your seat but you can't pick your neighbors!

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

rmaynard

I can do a lot of damage to plumbing, wiring, and nails. Drywall dust is in my blood. Let us know when the party starts. :tools-hammerdrill:...

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are 650 miles away. 

All kidding aside, that's a great looking place you have there Bob. :thumbs:

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Hey, I'm real good at taking orders...ask my wife.  :occasion-xmas:  She places the order, and I get to it in the order that they are received.

If anything Bob, I will be coming over to help you put in a sand trap and green on the far end of the beautiful fairway.  :banana-linedance:

That place looks like home already.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  And all that RED goes with the siding.

• Like 3

Racinbob
3 hours ago, HorseFixer said:

Welcome home Bob!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  How big a yard you got?  :confusion-shrug:

Thanks. I'm mowing about 3 acres. I plan on getting that down to about 1 for next year. :)

• Like 1

Racinbob
2 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Real nice Bob! Have you got a deck on the back for evening lounging and looking out on that pasture? Might be some nice sunsets there!

Didn't you catch what Jeff mentioned about FREE labor?!? I'm pretty good with wiring & Stevasaurus is pretty good with giving orders. Now if we can get him to take orders...... orders for adult beverages that is! :ychain:

Ah while you guys are all here mind given me a hand with ???

Forgot to ask how are the neighbors? You know what they say ,,, you can pick your nose and your seat but you can't pick your neighbors!

Yes, we do. The addition has a walk out basement with a deck off the upper floor. We've met the neighbors across the road, to the north of us (they like to shoot so that's a plus) and behind us on the other side of the woods. Shortly after we moved in they hiked through the woods and brought us a still warm loaf of homemade bread and some homemade preserves. The neighbors to the south seem.....well.....not so neighborly but that's only from a few words they had with my wife and daughter. That big barn in the first picture is theirs and is right on the property line. Their house is a historic mansion about 200 yards away. The barn intrigues me. I've been told it's full of old tractors. Being less than 2 miles from the old Wheel Horse factory it makes me wonder. :confusion-confused: 

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 4

ztnoo
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

Being less than 2 miles from the old Wheel Horse factory

Seriously???

WHX??

I've been told it's full of old tractors

:ph34r:

Being less than 2 miles from the old Wheel Horse factory

Talk about good karma!

• Like 2

Racinbob
7 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

Seriously???

Yes. Of course it's Lock Joint Tube now. I got to take a tour of the plant way back before Toro bought them out. :)

3 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

:ph34r:

Talk about good karma!

I'd say so. Can you imagine what I'd do if it really is full of.....red.....tractors? :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

HorseFixer

WoW, your place is Beautiful! Since your a rock throw away you'll have to stop by the Duke "O" Minnium sometime.:handgestures-thumbupright: and same for me! 

• Like 1

Racinbob

Thank you. We definitely have to do that. You've got more tractors than me that I'd like to see, a solar system I'd like to see and, and, and.....well......lots of toys to see. :)

• Like 1