MalMac

Aftermarket Carburetors

MalMac

Anyone know anything about these Kohler aftermarket carburetors that are offered on eBay and some other outlets. 

WVHillbilly520H

Bought one for my dad's Cub Cadet 1200(12hp Kohler), looked and functioned like the original just pay attention to the throttle linkage in the photo/description as I had to change that for it to work but I was trying to save an extra $ just cost me an hour of :ranting: anyway still working as it should after a year, Jeff.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:    Check the  throttle  and the choke lever orientation.

• Like 2

classicdmax

Mine worked fine, had to reclock flag on choke linkage as mentioned. Otherwise no issues 

• Like 2

pacer

Yep - choke was the hang up on the 3 I have bought. But with a bit of finagling with the old carbs butterfly/rod it was pretty easy to fix - and the carbs

were great, the engines/tractors had sat up for years and the carbs were beyond repair and with the new carbs on they ran like a top.

• Like 2

rmaynard

I always buy from eBay seller "cfamily10". His carbs always come with the correct choke linkage and have SAE (American) threads.

• Like 3

WHX??

For what yer paying Mal I would get one "for the shelf in case". Good reports so far from the fellas here.

• Like 1