ericjr16

My friend needs a key switch.

ericjr16

Hi guys, been enjoying my C-85 and unfortunately have yet to find another horse to add to fleet. My friend stopped today and asked me to get him a key switch for a 1957 Wheelhorse 10 hp kohler, all he gave me! I did some searching and bet it is a RJ35. Anybody know where I can point him? He gave me the switch and it has 5 terminals.

Thanks for the help and I did use forum search to no avail.

Edited by ericjr16

rmaynard

Would not be an RJ35.

A standard 5-spade ignition switch can be purchased many places including TSC and NAPA. Make sure that you know whether it is for a battery ignition or a magneto type.

Pictures of the switch would help.

• Like 2

Achto

Wonder if he meant 1967 10hp Kohler? No :wh: that big in '57. Pics & model would help.

• Like 2

pfrederi

5 terminals would be

B battery

S starter

A Accessory

R regulator

I for Ignition  Battery coil type or  M Magneto

What does the one he gave you show.

• Like 3

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Yeah gotta be  something amiss there, if he does have a 10hp '57 :wwp:

Otherwise it's the standard switch Bob mentioned OR the 7263 3 term switch. If it's the latter tell yer bro to be prepared to open thine billfold as they are pricey. You will know it if it is the three wire by the heavy cable going from the battery directly to the switch. The three wire switch can be converted to the 5 wire type with a solenoid.

• Like 3

ericjr16

Thank you all! He was very vague and I did not even want to ask as I hate vague questions! Here is picture of one he gave me, I am unsure that HE knows what machine it is! I never saw one at his house and he didn't tell me he found one either. He is a tractor hoarder though! LOL

Sorry for late reply as I forgot to have forum notify me on new replies!

DSCN1674.jpg

DSCN1673.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

Yup that's a real common 5 term Eric... any auto parts or TSC will have them.

OK on the vague questions. ..we lIke puzzles....hey wait a minute who you callin a tractor hoarder!?!?....thems fighting words! :ychain:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 3

ericjr16

Trust me I am a hoarder as well! I have 5-7 keepers at any time! ;) My Wheelhorse is my favorite mower, hoping to find snow blower for it and hubcaps!

He just answered me thinking it is a Raider 10 with kohler k-series.

• Like 3

WHX??

Well ok then now that we got that cleared up ...we are not hoarders then we are COLLECTORS! :lol:

• Like 2

ericjr16
Just now, WHX11 said:

Well ok then now that we got that cleared up ...we are not hoarders then we are COLLECTORS! :lol:

This is VERY true, only problem is I need to actually think of the machines I have to count them! LOL

• Like 1

pfrederi

Make sure you get the Mag switch.  Using the "I" switch will fry his magneto.

• Like 2

rmaynard

That's an interesting looking switch in that it has what appears to be two larger threaded screw-type lugs, and three slide-on Packard type lugs.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

May be this one

Garry

• Like 1

ericjr16
22 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

May be this one

Garry

Thanks!! I can now look for that number online for him. He gonna have sticker shock! ;) 

ericjr16

I finally found one for him to buy. I ordered it for him and he had sticker shock, $69 after shipping. Sounds like it is his friends tractor who wants it stock. My friend was a small engine guy for many years until his back and health reasons stopped him. Wondered why he did not just wire it for solenoid.

Thank you all for the help!! I plan on my first mow with the C-85 once my grass actually long enough to cut!