Project puller

bigtruckmechanic

heres a couple pictures of my project puller

100_0698.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0693.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0684.jpg

I cut off the trans mount and flipped it over. I also extended the frame to 56 inches. I welded a one by two front axle to the front of the frame. I rebuilt the trans axle. I welded up all the holes in the diff to make it a sealed diff. I then packed it with axle grease to help with traction. I had the axles rekeyed with a flat key way all the way to the seal area and pushed the hubs all the way on. It was a eight speed trans, but I welded up the gears to eliminate the low range. The engine is a 16 hp kohler that I have built to 40 cubic inches. On the flywheel I have bolted a sprocket and I'm planning on chain driving a clutch on a jackshaft behind the engine and then chain driving the trans.

I'm open to new ideas and thoughts about what might brake first.

nwpahorseman

:lol: that is looking :whistle::whistle::dunno::thumbs: :banana:

keep the pics coming

Greg Parnell

I like that puller, looks real good!! :thumbs:

My guess is the first thing to break is the track pulling distance record, I bet you can pull the sled home with that WheelHorse tractor. We went to a 1/4 scale pulling event last year and my son loved it. We're planning on going to more this year.

KyBlue

WOW what a project.

Look forward to seeing it done, and draggin the sled home!

noncritical

looks good i also go to the local garden tractor pulls here keep us updated on your progress and where are you from :thumbs:

Buzz

Good looking project. :whistle: i'm envious of those of you with the talent, time, and equipment to build them. :thumbs: A word of caution though. As soon as you get the engine mounted and drive chain hooked up PUT A CHAIN GUARD ON, even if you mock one up out of plywood while you're testing it. Chains, sprockets, and fingers are not a good mix. I have a couple of four fingered ex co-workers that can attest to that. Safety first.