BESTDOGEVER

kohler m18qs how do you get the block separated

BESTDOGEVER

Not wanting to destroy a perfectly good block I am going to ask what works to separate the engine halves. I have all the bolts out and it shows no inclination to move in any direction 

pfrederi

The jugs are glued on and there is also adhesive between the case halves.  There are pry points.  You really should look at the Magnum twin manual there are warnings about marking things to assure correct reassembly and to avoid scratching mating surfaces.

• Like 3

953 nut

There was a thread done a few years ago on Kohler twins. May have some good info in it for you.

Please post your progress on here to help build our data base on the twins.  

• Like 2

pfrederi

• Like 2

BESTDOGEVER

I finally got a chance to work on this between monsoons it came right apart right now this is the donor engine if the repairs to the original don't work it appears to be a compatible block to transplant the internals from 418 engine in should the jb weld repairs to the block not hold.I am close to the test run on that this weekend. If it holds up I will probably find a way to mothball the spare and keep it for future emergency 

Many thanks for the input and links to the manual. This is truly the best forum of any sort. Ernie 

• Like 1