Dan693

Parts is Parts....O'Reilly

Dan693

First.....I have no connection to Oreilly other then being a customer and I like them way better than the other guys.

I mentioned to the manager that I was working on a WH and he pulls out a 700+ page catalog of small engine parts.

All major engine brands a pretty in depth.....rods, pistons, electrical, mufflers, etc etc.

I have purchased a ton of stuff in the $10 - $30 range and have never been disappointed.

The best things are my oreillys can usually have it in a couple of hours.....and they dont require that I pay ahead.

If you have a store nearby.....ask to see their Prime Line catalog and thumb through it. Hell the manager even gave me a copy to keep.

I call the store, order the part, he says it'll bee there in 2 hours, I pickup and compare to old part......baddabing baddaboom!

Who knew!

20170425_062928.jpg

• Like 7

rmaynard

All of the auto parts stores in my area keep that catalog under the front counter. My local Bumper to Bumper store has a complete isle of Prime Line parts with the catalog hanging on a string at the end.

• Like 1

Dan693

Been buyin auto parts for 30 years and I had never seen the catalog and didnt even know auto parts stores carried small engine parts other than spark plugs.

I just wanted to let anyone who didnt know that its a possible good parts source no matter which parts store.

squonk

Same with Napacover.gif.e82158b649a3c5dc3e6c72fd0fb6083b.gif   

cover.gif.4f0ec0b56f199c14dc5fc1ad97c3d5db.gif  

slim67

RCPW is a few minutes from me and has Stens. He was a Wheel Horse dealer years back.

WHX??

Does seem a well kept secret that most auto parts stores have a small smattering of  small engine parts on hand and can order in stuff. Trouble is I get the deer in the headlights look when I get asked what year/make/model and I reply a 1959 Wheel Horse RJ! :lol:

• Like 4

rmaynard
1 hour ago, WHX11 said:

Does seem a well kept secret that most auto parts stores have a small smattering of  small engine parts on hand and can order in stuff. Trouble is I get the deer in the headlights look when I get asked what year/make/model and I reply a 1959 Wheel Horse RJ! :lol:

My local machine shop guy (part of the auto parts store) would ask "is it a Kohler or a Clinton on it?" Nice to know there are still a few knowledgeable guys around.

• Like 4

GlenPettit

Related:  All Tire Stores also have a Speciality Tire Catalog under the counter with over 100 pages of speciality tires & supplies, a "Wholesale catalog" it has at least 7 pages just for Lawn & Garden tires and with pictures, plus many more pages for ATV & a dozen pages for material handling tires, plus lots of tire tools & tire supplies.  They will let you look at it and they can find the price and order anything you want.  I've found prices to be very good/lower often than eBay, and if you pre-pay you may get a 5–10% discount (Discount Tire locally).  Also, their service prices for changing and mounting tires is very reasonable if you leave your tire/wheels for a few days.

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 1

Adams94

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/filterlookup.aspx              This site you can search under Wheel Horse or Toro. Some models are on this list and any wix # is the same as a NAPA # if you take off the first # on the wix

http://navigates.gates.com/            This site you can search under Wheel Horse or Toro and it tell you belts and hoses on a model(they dont have all models but a good selection)

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for that piece of information. Not many O 'r in the area but Napa has huge place close by and also bore's our beloved  blocks etc at another location. Now if we could just get A Red Square discount going that would be a help. The Big Box store gives me 10 % for being a disabled Vet but lumber tile and mulch does not equal decent parts for :wh:. TS does not give discounts to Vets I asked. I had a discount deal with an old counter guy at an auto parts store but he passed away so no more discount.

• Like 1

953 nut

If you have a computer and internet service (if you don't how the heck did you get here?) you can surf the Prime Line Catalog on line.

http://www.primelinepe.com/primeline-catalog/

• Like 2

Cub fan

Hey Dan 693, this is Jim the cub fan, I 'm not sure which auto store you are referring to but I have good results from the Napa store on 116th st. If you don't mind me asking where in Carmel are you? I'm on Belden Dr East of the High School. I only have one Horse in the barn but I take good care of it. Jim the cub fan!!!

• Like 1

i've been working part time at an O'Reilly store for almost 8 years...we get parts for customers through Primeline all the time, usually they are at our distribution center and they can be  same day or overnight. O'Reilly uses the Primeline part numbers with a line code of PRI

if you need a catalog i'm sure your store would be happy to get you one, or look up online as 953 said

Yes, Napa carries Primline also and they use the primeline  part numbers too

Edited by 305
  • Like 4