RJC1965

New kwik way loader

whfan74

WOW!!!!!!  Even Jesse James wore a mask when he robbed folks.  You did very well......I am not a fan of the Onan engines but a 520 with a forward swept axle would be ideal.  Congrats on your amazing purchase!

Good luck on the tractor search!

• Like 4

roadapples

:text-yeahthat: You in a heap a trouble boy, that`s highway robbery....:handgestures-thumbupright:  Oh and :WRS:

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 2

DennisThornton

I was excited to read about this but after i saw what you bought and what you paid for it I've decided that I don't like you. At all! Oh it's nothing personal & i might get over it but right now? I've got to go pout!

Oh! And by the way! You  overpaid and i wouldn't pay you twice what you paid.  Unless you asked nicely...   OK? 

• Like 5

roadapples

By the way, you owe your girlfriend a very nice evening out....

• Like 6

ericj

I'll double your money, lol, a 416 would work fine but I would suggest a stick tractor or a foot pedal hydro. you may even want a second tractor becuase the loader is not something you can change very easily. the 520 has the 1" front axles which can hold the extra stress of a front end loader. my buddy bought a parts 520 and swapped it into his C141 with a loader on it. that was a very good way to start your wheel horse addiction. 

eric j

• Like 4

DennisThornton
6 minutes ago, roadapples said:

By the way, you owe your girlfriend a very nice evening out....

Evening out?  Evening?  Really? Girlfriend? OK!  OK!  Forget it! 

Girlfriend's phone number? 

• Like 2

farmer

:WRS:  RJC1965

What a steal!   If there was a prize for 'deal of the month'  you'd have won it, and if that prize was a 520H you would have the perfect tractor, having said that, l agree with the two tractor setup. 

Heck you could buy two really nice tractors and with the savings you've made from those attachments be on the right side. 

Look forward to seeing the tractor now.  :bow-blue:

Edited by farmer
  • Like 2

squonk

That recycler deck. Take out the litle tri-angle shaped thingys in each chamber. Then take the main insert out of the deck (4 bolts) and clean out all the dead grass. I got one of those decks last year and it's the best money I ever spent on anything Wheel Horse. No more raking up dead grass every week in the spring!

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

RJC1965
9 hours ago, whfan74 said:

WOW!!!!!!  Even Jesse James wore a mask when he robbed folks.  You did very well......I am not a fan of the Onan engines but a 520 with a forward swept axle would be ideal.  Congrats on your amazing purchase!

9 hours ago, whfan74 said:

I have read up on the issues that can  arise on the Onan engines and how costly it can be I will look for the swept axle set up. 

RJC1965

thank you for the warm welcome I know it was at least for me a deal of a lifetime 😄So I showed my Gal the post and she is holding me to some dinners out and now I have to  accompany her when she goes thrift sailing no  Grambling on my part about it . Hey I could find some more good deals!.

I will be on the hunt for a nice 520H with the swept front axle. I did quite a bit of reading on here on the 520s and see that the Onan engines can have some expensive issues with the valves. At this time not to many available local but spring is here and more should pop up. 

agree with finding one tractor to  dedicate to the loader. Would not want to be taking it on and off all the time. 

Glad to to hear the  recycler is a good deck. I did clean it up and pulled the blades off. Thanks for the tip on removing the metal insert that will make it much  easier to clean scrap and paint. 

Ok I am now on the hunt for a nice 520H 

• Like 2

WHX??

:WRS:  RJC....always nice to have a fellow Wisconsinite join the herd!

Yes you did steal that FEL and got bonus attachments to boot! The tiller looks almost new!

I do have an extra 416 I would be willing to sell you but in all truth be told  a 416 might not be the best tractor for an FEL. I have seen the one on our local CL you may be talking about. A few guys here do have them on 520's and do seem to like it.  Totally agree on a dedicated parts tractor and like @ericj's idea of a parts 520 front end on say a bigger C series. Scour the threads here about loaders, you'll find lots of them, on what other fellas did. PM them for more info if needed,  I think you will find them eager to help.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:happy-wavemulticolor:          We're all happy for your great find and just a little jealous .... right Dennis ?

• Like 3

Adams94

C195 for the loader would be pretty awesome.   This one is for sale right now, wish i had extra $ laying around

18118831_10154667302477545_8037819145783460731_n.jpg

• Like 3

Forest Road

Well done! Truly a steal! 

If you find a good running 520 w swept axle just go for it. You could get a  couple years out of it or many many years. Should the motor die transplant an old 14-16hp Koehler and keep on trucking. Newer anything. Just don't get hung up on reviving a blown Onan. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44

What a steal! have you made it across the border yet?

for that price you know there's a big posse after the bounty on your head.

We want pictures when you find the tractor and get it installed.

• Like 1

Snowmobileaddict

CALL THE POLICE!!!

Thief!!! Thief!!!

Well done, sir.  Unbelievable Score.

Wow.

See if you can track down a 5xi.  I put a KW loader on mine last year.  It was a fun build,and here I thought I had a home run for a loader for under $300 before I restored it.  I had to fab up a subframe to fit the loader to my tractor.  Build thread is below.  The 5xi is a great tractor to fit a loader to.

Edited by Snowmobileaddict
  • Like 1