JJB

315-8 what's it worth

JJB

I just got a 315-8 it runs and drives like a champ it only has 330 on the hour meter it has a pto and a mule drive but no deck or accessories can anyone tell me what it worth?

20170425_173048.jpg

Edited by JJB
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square  Seriously, it is worth what you think it is worth and what somebody is willing to pay.  No way we could even give you an idea with out a few pictures.  :think:

• Like 6

953 nut

:WRS:        Value has a lot of variables, condition and eye appeal being the greatest. Some areas are dominated by Cubs and others by Deere so the value of the dominant brand may be higher. Look on CL or the local want adds to get a feel for the local market. As Steve already said :wwp:

• Like 4

JJB

You can't give a value without pics thats almost funny. The tins are flawless the paint is faded all the lights work the voltmeter works the one plastic headlight bezel is cracked and there's a rusty spot under where the battery goes. There aren't any of these for sale around here either or I wouldn't have asked. I'm not home so no pics.

953 nut
6 minutes ago, JJB said:

There aren't any of these for sale around here

That was my point, look at whatever brand is dominant in your area and find some similar listings and price it accordingly. I may have a lynching party for saying this but a :wh: is wort the same as a similar Cub or Deere; we just have a preference for :wh: here.

• Like 4

N3PUY

I bought one last year and it didn't have a deck either.  $150

The seller said it wasn't any good to him because it didn't mow.

• Like 2

jay bee
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

That said, if you would like to know more about your Wheel Horse we would like to know more about it and you!  Perhaps we are less interested in being appraisers but rather being kind souls trying to help other "soon to be afflicted!" Wheel Horse Lovers!

Well said Mr Thornton, well said!!!

Jim

• Like 6

JJB

Sorry there probably won't be pics today either it's pouring here. Funny sears suburban was mentioned we had one we wheeled in the woods in the 1990s before people even really offroaded lawn tractors. I almost hate to tell you guys I bought the tractor for an epic 12.50 us dollars and there's no deck so Im thinking off road machine.

N3PUY
11 hours ago, JJB said:

I just got a 315-8 it runs and drives like a champ it only has 330 on the hour meter it has a pto and a mule drive but no deck or accessories can anyone tell me what it worth?

1 minute ago, JJB said:

Sorry there probably won't be pics today either it's pouring here. Funny sears suburban was mentioned we had one we wheeled in the woods in the 1990s before people even really offroaded lawn tractors. I almost hate to tell you guys I bought the tractor for an epic 12.50 us dollars and there's no deck so Im thinking off road machine.

Well, to you it's worth $12.50..    Probably worth much more to someone else! :think:

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

JJB you beat me. I gave $25.00 FOR A C160 i had to completely disassemble it to the frame and strip,repair and repaint it. But I use it for plowing snow and gravel . I wouldn't take anything for it. The best tractor I ever owned. Starts right up and go's to work. The wheel horse is built with the customer in mind I can take a deck from my 2000 314-8 and put it under my 1974 c160 and it works perfectly. Let me see it you can do that with a JD or CUB. You can find decks here on the for sale column or CL there Great plow tractors 

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 4

stevasaurus

Let me ask you this JJB...would you buy a dress without looking at it??  :think:  Now I am trying to be funny.  :occasion-xmas:  If you really want some good feedback, do a short video of walking around that horse while it is running...but don't kick a tire.  :)

One thing you will find on this site is very good and honest members.

• Like 6

farmer

Have I got this wrong, or were you going to use it off road?, we all have different uses for different things, but it seems a shame for what sounds to be a nice machine. 

• Like 2

JJB

Hey farmer buy the wheelhorse then if it's such a shame.

I paid 25 for both the wheelhorse and a lawn general made by Murray so 12.50 a piece. Oh and I put up a pic it wouldn't let me add any more than that.

DennisThornton

JJB has added a picture to the original/first post so we can look at it now.  I see it's not going to do much more than drive around without the PTO but it does have a beverage holder.  

I can't stress enough that I think most WHs are worth more than they sell for!  But I'm going to toss out a price that I think I could find one similar for, or might offer for it if I found it.  The rest of the gang can kick it around.

$250

• Like 3

Cee245

From the First post without the picture, I was thinking $700 for a PERFECT 315 AS DESCRIBED w/o any attachments.

After seeing one pic, maybe 400. It's a very nice machine but looks to be left outside a lot.

He has a number in mind and mad it's just not worth that much.

$0.02

~C

Edited by Cee245
  • Like 2

DennisThornton
On 4/24/2017 at 7:49 PM, JJB said:

PTO removed?  Just not in the picture?

jay bee

Here's what I know for sure JJB.  You got your moneys worth at $12.50!!!  I would think if you wanted to just turn it quickly it wouldn't be hard to get $200 - $250 but if you want to make an off roader out of it, that would be a good machine to do it with.  I know I would like to have something like that at the price you paid for my grandkids to "horse" around with.

Also, I see the PTO Shaft and the Mule Drive, but I don't see the PTO  or any of the linkage or the control arm.  Did that come with it?

Jim

ericj

that 315-8 might have come with an electric clutch, hence no PTO. Personally I would only go $ 200.00 to $250.00 for it. the electric PTO clutch will cost at least $ 100.00 used, or a lot more new. Unfortunately in my area that tractor would only bring 3 to $ 400.00 in operational order. In other areas it may bring more, but in my area it is flooded with wheel horses. I also say if you want top dollar for something you have to be willing to sit on it for a while maybe a long while. If you make it cheap enough for somebody else to think it's a good deal then it might go a little faster. As that poplar show on TV says you have to leave a little meat on the bone for someone else. the tractor has a lot of potential, it would be ashamed to see it get beat up as a off road runner. It is your tractor to do what you want though. good luck 

eric j

• Like 2

DennisThornton

It's far too nice to not make it a working Wheel Horse whether with a clevis hitch, dozer blade, blower or deck.  All you can do is add to it's value!  And we all know one Wheel Horse is just the beginning!

bmsgaffer

He's hawking the PTO already in the classifieds. I gotta be honest, I smell a troll.

troll-thumb.jpg.4fd4c267421c41d68ba4740d15e535bd.jpg

All you've done is come in here and taunt people with the fact that you are gonna romp a nice tractor around in the mud, likely destroying it.

You got it for $12.50, congrats. :confusion-shrug: If you want to sell it, put the parts back on it and list it here. I would guess $200-400 range is reasonable for what I see assuming it all works as good as you say (though I would hardly consider that bodywork "flawless" as you say). If you gonna mud it, go do it and stop trolling here trying to get a rise outta people. :handgestures-thumbdown:  Hate to see it happen, but no skin off our backs.

If you need help fixing it, stop on by any time. As it has already been said, this here is a wonderful bunch of honest people that will help you get it working again. 

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 7

Amcwheel85

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

JJB

Yeah I bought it for 12.50 and suddenly I'm a bad person for trying to sell the 900 dollar clutch? Bmsgaffer go make sure the doc has ur med right. My wheelhorse my way. Why would I spend money on that thing to make mow or snow plow? You guys should see the barn filled with a sea of jd green here at my place.

JJB

Ur so smart the engine is up for sale too.