Sparky

Commando 8 clean up

Amcwheel85

Awesome! How did you get the wheels looking so good? 

Sparky
1 minute ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Awesome! How did you get the wheels looking so good? 

Thanks!!

It took quite a bit of wire wheeling to get all the flaky paint off.....one good coat of primer and two coats of gloss Almond (all rattle cans of course).

Mike.....

• Like 4

Amcwheel85

As soon as I get my 1045 home I will send you those wheels... sounds like you know what your doing haha! Your tractor looks great!

• Like 3

953 nut
32 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I can't believe I didn't mess with the points last year

Not unusual for any of us to convince ourselves what the problem "Must be" and overlook other common things. Looking good and running good too.   :text-bravo:

• Like 4

rjg854

I have 2 Commando 8's and both are great tractors, I wouldn't trade either one for love or money. Have fun with it. 

• Like 1

953 nut
8 minutes ago, squonk said:

An electrician works on it and the first thing he attacks is fuel! :baseball: :baseball::baseball:

Image result for SHOCKING

• Like 8

stevebo

Makes a huge difference

• Like 1

Terry M

That's my Favorite look on a Wheel Horse Tractor.....Good red Patina with nicely painted rims..:handgestures-thumbupright:

You'll notice that when looking at my collection...:)

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

When I redid mine,  the hood was the last part to paint and it was just too purdy to touch, so I ended up with a two tone. Those creamy wheels really dresses em up.

IMG_3934.thumb.JPG.26aec528afd48b27c6a8d1aa068f90d9.JPG

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Mike Well done:handgestures-thumbupright: You gave the old girl a second life. It seems the little things trip us up. Was that repainted some time back? It looks real clean. Enjoy.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1

Docwheelhorse

My first Wheel Horse was a Commando 8... shes in the garage under a blanket with Cecil's signature across the hood...

That little tractor made me more money and did more work than any of my others (I'd like to think anyways... )

My last tractor will probably be a Commando too.....  I can testify that the wheels did come out perfect and it sure does run real good.

Tony

• Like 3

stevasaurus

I don't think anybody ever told me that I was an inspiration.  :banana-linedance:  Glad you gave it another shot.  I love those wheels...that's next on my list.  :)

• Like 2

farmer

Of the tractors I have the commando 8 sounds the best, especially starting it. I stripped mine down for paint, it's now half primed. Seeing yours makes me wonder if I should have left it original. Yours looks the biz.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by farmer
  • Like 2

Sparky
22 minutes ago, farmer said:

Of the tractors I have the commando 8 sounds the best, especially starting it. I stripped mine down for paint, it's now half primed. Seeing yours makes me wonder if I should have left it original. Yours looks the biz.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

My bodywork and paint skills are lousy, so it was an easy decision to leave the patina alone.

Mike....

farmer

Great,....this is making me feel much better, seeings as my paint skills are probably a notch down from lousy. :scared-eek: :)

• Like 2