Lane Ranger

Tilled the first garden of the season today

Lane Ranger

My friend Rick Smock and I worked on tilling up his garden this am with my 1979 Wheel Horse C-121 and 36 inch tiller. Rick wanted a bigger garden this year. About 30 by 75 feet is what we ended up with. Heavy matted grass on the sides of the old garden were hard to cut through. When tilling you have to start out high and slowly mover the tiller depth lower with Dial-A-Matic for rear attachments and the n lower the lift chain in back on the tiller one chain link. Doing it that way makes a lot easier tilling job.

001.JPG

003.JPG

Video of tiller in action!

002.MOV

004.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 7

farmer

That looked to be a test, as you say patience gets it done though.

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Farmer  :  Yes patience was a virtue yesterday but I think I should have taken our a moldboard plow and cut up the new areas.   Turning over the thick grass would have been easier.    The center of the garden I have done seveal times already with tiller and it was much easier to work with the tiller.   This section of Indiana has a lot of clay type soils.

• Like 1

Tankman

Guess would've been easier if plowed first. Never tilled but did plow often, used front weights always.

Oh well, excellent seat time. Perhaps mount a swivel drink holder on the Horse? GPS?  :ROTF:

• Like 1

cleat

Looks great. Even the truck is nearly Wheel Horse red.

If I ever convert one of my 520's to manual shift it will work better as a tiller tractor.

• Like 1