nylyon

Sickle Bar Mower SMS-425

nylyon

@Shynon thank you for the measurements, I think once I can get or make the c bracket, it'll be mostly ready to put on.

• Like 1

buckrancher

you got the correct one

picture was hard to see looked like one piece

Brian

nylyon

The piece that I am missing, is that welded to the ends the bar?  It looks like it is on the other pictures.

buckrancher

If I were you I would pm TIM and get the u bracket he has and grind the weld off and weld a new 3/4" rod on

you need the engagement pedal for the drive belt also

Brian

• Like 2

nylyon

Already sent TIM a message 🙂 Finding that pedal is going t be a challenge I think

buckrancher

I believe it's the same pedal for all the early sixties tractors power take off should be able to get one on e-bay or the wheel horse show

Brian

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Karl:   Like Brian (Buckrancher) says the  Sickle Mower you have may be a 50 inch long one with the 1 inch wider plates set up up front for the 953/1054 and GT 14 tractors.   A unique setup for them.    I have seen people use this on the narrower frame tractors and they use a board or metal plate inside or outside the wider frame to  compensate for the narrow frame and wider sickle plates setup.

Also  if you look at the  SMS-50 Sickle Bar Mower Manual -there is a better description of the unique  rear plate/frame setup on this  particular model Wheel Horse Sickle Bar Mower.  !

See drawing on Page 3.   The C/U shaped  piece should  still be sufficient to hold on properly for use.

Edited by Lane Ranger

nylyon

So idiot me never measured, I was given some documents which all mentioned SMS-425.  The Sickle is in fact 50" long!  The inside diameter of the box which mounts to the frame is 6⅝" which is the same as I measured on my 312-8. Are the 953's and GT14's 7⅝"?  The length of the ¾" rod is 22¼" which matches the rod length posted by Shyon, which makes it seem to me that the rear mounting bracket  "fell" off.

This is certainly a learning experience for me.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Ok that answers  one of the big questions!

• Like 1

IndyFord2

Looks Like you got plenty of help, good luck (my pic, just for fun) Had to play with input pulley size to get proper speed at rocker box. 

DSCN0838.JPG

• Like 3