Elkskin's mower junkyard

whats next...................

Elkskin's mower junkyard

so 2 days ago i was working at local mower repair shop tearing down junkers for scrap that belong to the owner. i do this kind of work for him from time to time. but this time was different. i had some bills hanging over my head (due to a issue where one of my part time jobs is) for parts and what not. basically the owner said if i strip down his junk then its payed. simple enough so i was pulling engines choke cables throttle cables front axles. owner told me he didnt want the wiring harness so i kept them with switches and solenoids (always come in handy to have some used ones sitting around. so in middle of doing this a guy came in wanting to get rid of a john deere rider. the owner of shop didnt want it. but i wanted it because i knew i could use some things. well brought it home and tore it down for scrap. the 15hp kohler was blown wiring was a mess. so i took the deck, starter (checks out good) , tires, carb, electric clutch. now story was the lady that owned this jd had it into jd for work and sunk 1700 bucks into it. i seen some new parts exspecially on deck and electric clutch. right after she got it back it slung the rod. the john deere is a lx255. this is my second free tractor in a week first was a lt1000 craftsman which is for sale. i have yet to clean up parts i saved from jd but once i do i will list them so keep your eyes out if any of you are looking for parts.. one my friends took steering wheel and other things lol

0419171926-00.jpg

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak
  • Like 3

Sparky

Sounds like you are always busy!!

Good luck with it.

Mike....

T-Mo

The LX200 series lawn tractors were probably the best built in the industry when they were in production.  Frame used on them was the same as the frames on John Deere's GT2X5 series garden tractors, and the transmissions were bullet proof.  It doesn't get any better in lawn tractors than the LX series, some had liquid cooled engines.  They did suffer from the Xenoy hoods which tended to break easily if the owner wasn't careful.  Engines used also included Kawasaki engines.  They were great mowing machines.

Elkskin's mower junkyard
15 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

The LX200 series lawn tractors were probably the best built in the industry when they were in production.  Frame used on them was the same as the frames on John Deere's GT2X5 series garden tractors, and the transmissions were bullet proof.  It doesn't get any better in lawn tractors than the LX series, some had liquid cooled engines.  They did suffer from the Xenoy hoods which tended to break easily if the owner wasn't careful.  Engines used also included Kawasaki engines.  They were great mowing machines.

yea it was built good. but since dads rule is no green and yellow in the yad had to dismantle it quick lol