HorseFixer

YOUR FARTHEST TRACTOR TRIP(s)

oldlineman

I guess I'm a rookie but I have had just one trip for a NOS Wheel Horse 48" SD deck. The trip was about 3 hours each way and I didn"t break anything.But who knows what is in the future, or what lurks around the corner.:unsure: Well HorseFixer we all know we can't take it with us so we might as well enjoy while we can, or in my case start giving to kids and grandkids, and yes great grandchild, i'm to young for that! :P Bob

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 9

HorseFixer
2 hours ago, oldlineman said:

I guess I'm a rookie but I have had just one trip for a NOS Wheel Horse 48" SD deck. The trip was about 3 hours each way and I didn"t break anything.But who knows what is in the future, or what lurks around the corner.:unsure: Well HorseFixer we all know we can't take it with us so we might as well enjoy while we can, or in my case start giving to kids and grandkids, and yes great grandchild, i'm to young for that! :P Bob

40 minutes ago, Achto said:

To support my other habit "Cockshutt farm tractors", I traveled from Redgranite WI to Niagra Falls Ontario Canada to purchase a Cockshutt 20 Deluxe. 750 miles one way. We left at 4:00am Central time on a Fri., and were loaded up & leaving with the tractor by 7:00pm Eastern time. Stopped in London Canada for some shut eye on our way back home. The next morning we were fortunate enough to speak with a Canada patrol officer :unsure:, ended up donating some cash there. Then spent 4hrs at customs in Detroit. :sad-bored:That was fun!! Finally made it back home around 4:00pm on Sat.

Other than the fine that I had to pay & the wait in Detroit, it was not a bad trip. Well worth it to me to get a tractor that I wanted.   

4 minutes ago, Texas Todd said:

About 1250 round trip to pick up a D-200 with Ark 550. Worth every mile.

Not too many horses down here, so ya gotta travel to round em up!

Well Allrighty then ya got me beat on this one :greetings-clappingyellow:  Nice stories, but you guy's are just Tickling me........ Where's the pictures? I'm sorry ya got a ticket but I mean I'd like a picture of you arm wrestling that MOUNTY EH?    :hilarious:

• Like 4

HorseFixer
32 minutes ago, Texas Todd said:

About 1250 round trip to pick up a D-200 with Ark 550. Worth every mile.

Not too many horses down here, so ya gotta travel to round em up!

map.jpg.125af51525c4b4d4eb442be0522789cd.jpg

58f8d901c7c57_BigRock.thumb.jpg.80b910737a7851a9b8f5b937b48474c5.jpg

Nice Loader!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

obone

The misses and I drove from Marion, OH to Gaylord, MI just to pick up a dozer blade. It was 360 miles and 6 hours one way. Plus I hit a small cone in Michigan that busted my plastic guard under my car. There was the small problem that Google maps did not know that a few roads were never built and it wanted me to drive off a cliff and down a muddy lane that I could not even walk and I drive a Civic. Had to not stay long as it's a snow belt and it was falling. It was still fun and I got the blade that I didn't even use this winter. Told the lady this is the first of many trips.

Map from Marion, Ohio to Gaylord, Michigan

Edited by obone
  • Like 8

HorseFixer
47 minutes ago, obone said:

The misses and I drove from Marion, OH to Gaylord, MI just to pick up a dozer blade. It was 360 miles and 6 hours one way. Plus I hit a small cone in Michigan that busted my plastic guard under my car. There was the small problem that Google maps did not know that a few roads were never built and it wanted me to drive off a cliff and down a muddy lane that I could not even walk and I drive a Civic. Had to not stay long as it's a snow belt it snow was falling. It was still fun and I got the blade that I didn't even use this winter. Told the lady this is the first of many trips.

You didn't happen to hit that cone in Ann Arbor did ya?  :laughing-rolling:   Sorry forgive me I couldn't resist. :hide:   Ya ever see how things are funny till it happens to you? Well  Its been about 9 years since the Jeep ate that serpentine Belt and it took that long for me to laugh at myself.  :greetings-clapyellow:

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 3

HorseFixer
1 hour ago, Achto said:

Sorry, I don't have any digital pics of the day we brought it home, but after two years of locating and acquiring parts. Then every weekend for six months on the restore. Here is a pic of the finished tractor.

052.thumb.JPG.b05084a8542097a7e61453ef81b0741f.JPG  

Well at least the Ole girl has some red on her and Linen Beige!  :handgestures-thumbupright:   I was gonna come up with some crack like (NO WONDER THAT COPPER GAVE YOU A TICKEY   :law-policered:  :law-police:  hauling a CockShutt)  But looks like she cleaned up pretty nice!  :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 3

Aldon

IMG_0561.thumb.PNG.79cbfa43afcb8fe2bf0a6edcf2aee17c.PNGI will take the 5th on grounds that my statement will definitely incriminate me as being wholeheartedly addicted bordering on troubled!

12plus hours, 24plus round trip 

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 9

HorseFixer
45 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

890 one way to pick up an RJ... anyone recognize the destination!?!? :greetings-clappingyellow:

Capture.JPG

Nope! Never been to that place in my life!  :hide:

58f9177347315_2009WHCCSHOW(160).thumb.JPG.9f69e3e3c9df752a6934489b2c23e91a.JPG

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Amcwheel85

953nut you pulled that tiny trailer that whole way? Crazy!

• Like 1

953 nut
11 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

you pulled that tiny trailer that whole way?

The trailer was in the bed of the truck until I got to LeRoy MI. 

• Like 6

rjg854

Just did a round trip of 650 miles for a snow cab, cause that's how bad I wanted one after all the snow I wore this last winter. And I don't even care it doesn't snow next winter because I bought one. Sooner or later it will all be worth it. 

• Like 5

Amcwheel85
33 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

The trailer was in the bed of the truck until I got to LeRoy MI. 

Lol ok! Man that would of been a hard trip for that little trailer. Plus I would be afraid of the horse falling off after the trailer bounced all over!

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

CT TO FLA TO PICK UP A 520-8 WITH 16 HOURS.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

That is a heck of a tour Richard! What better way to see the good ole US of A :flags-usa: than a ride like that!:handgestures-thumbupright::greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3

HorseFixer

My Second farthest tractor trip was from Niles to Marquette Michigan in the Upper Peninsula a  508 mile trip 1 way or round trip of 1016 miles. In search for wheel horse tractors back in May of 2008 I came across a guy who had a 1054 with Deck Wagon and Vac System. He was from South Bend and later moved to Marquette and ended up being a Deputy Sheriff   :law-police:   for Marquette he worked up through the ranks and many years later retired from there. He then went back to work  as Under-sheriff. When he found out that I worked for Berrien County Sheriffs Dept he gave it to me for free  :greetings-clapyellow:   with the stipulation that I would buy him and his wife dinner after he gave us a tour of the town. My wife MaryJane went with me, and we had a good time we left early Friday and arrived that evening. The Next day we met Jack and his wife loaded up the tractor and spent the day with them site seeing then had dinner with them that evening. The next morning we left for home. Thank goodness the tractor and all was free because fuel was over 4.00 a gal I estimate the trip meals, fuel, motels cost me $700.00 so I guess nothing is free. :hide:

58f965af25dde_MARQUETTEMI.thumb.png.1a21fa39da24f666344529f72d8052e5.png

58f9701de41e0_1054MarquetteMich054.thumb.jpg.fef0679f8136dbd92516ecad4e0daf6a.jpg

58f970282b403_1054MarquetteMich056.thumb.jpg.45d5df74d4fac61d9067938830f086ba.jpg

58f97035eee5f_1054MarquetteMich059.thumb.jpg.702d3b900576797669e2b4333fea360d.jpg

58f970dbb28eb_MemorialDayLineup005.thumb.jpg.00f525fa3220c2f88fdde173a8b85cd7.jpg

58f9716bcbe7c_1054MarquetteMich090.thumb.jpg.14713edceeb107c443996a0119bbba1d.jpg

58f97192bc933_1054MarquetteMich116.thumb.jpg.feaa383032502bcc5b8342e9d8a49110.jpg

58f971bbe84d4_1054MarquetteMich142.thumb.jpg.32c7e8142d872bd721aa830103ad199c.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 1

john7

Well I'm a little embarrassed, but if anyone will understand it's you guys.

I drove from west Texas to Albany, NY. And it wasn't even for a tractor... it was for a dump cart, and a pile of one at that. Just over 4,000 miles round trip. I was able to see my grandmother on the way but I'd like that to stay between us. For some bizarre reason my family thinks that I drove all that way to see my grandma and that I found the dump cart along the way. Not sure how that happened!

20170421_015623_zpsd57mhtam.png

The good news is that I got it for $50.

20150810_133618_zpspivwkfts.jpg

And my restoration turned out pretty good too.

20170420_172230_zpsvilrnogu.jpg

20151012_164159_zpsqvmvxkrj.jpg

I wound up using a bed liner for the inside that I tinted with my red base, powder coated the wheels and got a new knob.. done! Nothin better than shiny red toys!

Edited by john7
  • Like 9

WHX??

You went right through PA @john7 and didn't bring home a tractor?!?!?...hear tell there are some nice tractors in those parts ready for the pickens! :lol:

• Like 1

HorseFixer
8 hours ago, john7 said:

Well I'm a little embarrassed, but if anyone will understand it's you guys.

I drove from west Texas to Albany, NY. And it wasn't even for a tractor... it was for a dump cart, and a pile of one at that. Just over 4,000 miles round trip. I was able to see my grandmother on the way but I'd like that to stay between us. For some bizarre reason my family thinks that I drove all that way to see my grandma and that I found the dump cart along the way. Not sure how that happened!

The good news is that I got it for $50

And my restoration turned out pretty good too.

I wound up using a bed liner for the inside that I tinted with my red base, powder coated the wheels and got a new knob.. done! Nothin better than shiny red toys!

Nice looking RJ :handgestures-thumbupright:    Well this is one of those times when you say...........

• Like 1

john7
10 hours ago, WHX11 said:

You went right through PA @john7 and didn't bring home a tractor?!?!?...hear tell there are some nice tractors in those parts ready for the pickens! :lol:

I know this now! But at the time I was really new to the wheel horse thing and just didn't know about... well anything. I won't miss out the next time I go visit grandma, though😂!! Guaranteed!

Edited by john7
  • Like 2