Sodaking27

520 Switch

Sodaking27

Was going through all the safety switches on the 520-8 to try and figure where my issue is with the tractor starting. Previous owner had run a wire from the switch to the starter solenoid to bypass the lite blue wire. Seat switch tested ok. Pulled the clutch switch and tested. Appears to be bad. When the switch is not depressed It checks ok with a voltmeter. When I push it he switch in as if pushing the clutch in to start. Testing fails. Ok go to PartsTree to check for the part. Tracked it down to 119440. Oh no discontinued. Any one come up with a workaround for this? 

WVHillbilly520H

Does it look like this? This is the neutral switch on my 520H and the PTO switch is the same except the actuator arm style, Jeff.  Might give A-Z tractor a try for a used one.

IMAG2141.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

Sodaking27

No The 528-8 is way different.

IMG_0139.thumb.JPG.c2538eaed4407cb1dd6e8b82b1711846.JPG

BaySide1
57 minutes ago, sodaking27 said:

Was going through all the safety switches on the 520-8 to try and figure where my issue is with the tractor starting. Previous owner had run a wire from the switch to the starter solenoid to bypass the lite blue wire. Seat switch tested ok. Pulled the clutch switch and tested. Appears to be bad. When the switch is not depressed It checks ok with a voltmeter. When I push it he switch in as if pushing the clutch in to start. Testing fails. Ok go to PartsTree to check for the part. Tracked it down to 119440. Oh no discontinued. Any one come up with a workaround for this? 

all thes Cherry switches can be found at www.alliedelec.com   www.digikey.com www.mouser.com

I use Digikey all the time. Choose USPS Priority mail it is the cheapest and no one ships faster than these guys

the switches in the picture should have all the info you need to order

make sure the switches are wired up right

Normally Open

Normally Closed

Common

• Like 1

6bg6ga

Its just a common micro switch. Just make sure you get the same style arm or an arm that will work. Digi-key is probably the best supplier.

Sodaking27
On 4/19/2017 at 9:43 PM, BaySide1 said:

all thes Cherry switches can be found at www.alliedelec.com   www.digikey.com www.mouser.com

I use Digikey all the time. Choose USPS Priority mail it is the cheapest and no one ships faster than these guys

the switches in the picture should have all the info you need to order

make sure the switches are wired up right

Normally Open

Normally Closed

Common

BaySide,

Thanks for the info. I went to the Digi Key web site and was totally overwhelmed. Have no clue what I'm looking for. I 'm sure they have with I need, but an lost at trying to figure where to look. 

CTBT&D

I had almost the same problem 3 months ago, couldn't find an exact switch(discontinued). There are 2 wire switches that will work,Toro interlock switch #103480, connect the light blue and purple wires. It will start as it should with the pedal depressed, the warning light on the dash will not come on though when trying to start with the pedal out. With mine the switch worked, it wouldn't stay in mounting hole. The locking tab had about 3/16" snapped off.

I made a T-shaped "key" that fit between the hoodstand and under the tab to hold it in place out of a piece of nylon sled runner.

Sodaking27
1 hour ago, CTBT&D said:

I had almost the same problem 3 months ago, couldn't find an exact switch(discontinued). There are 2 wire switches that will work,Toro interlock switch #103480, connect the light blue and purple wires. It will start as it should with the pedal depressed, the warning light on the dash will not come on though when trying to start with the pedal out. With mine the switch worked, it wouldn't stay in mounting hole. The locking tab had about 3/16" snapped off.

I made a T-shaped "key" that fit between the hoodstand and under the tab to hold it in place out of a piece of nylon sled runner.

CT,

Thanks for the advice. As a matter of fact I picked up the switch you mentioned above from my old Wheel Horse dealer today. Hope to get it installed this weekend. I did reach out to the maker of the original 3 prong switch today (Littelfuse). The local distributor is reaching out to the home office to see if the switch is available. Thanks again for your advice. Members of this site just rock.