tbear0714

Drive belt

tbear0714

Hey guys, I changed my drive belt after it broke. I put everything back together as it should be and it works. Only problem is there is not very much clutch to it at all. The tractor is a 1995 (314 8) and from what I have seen it calls for a 5/8 x 82 belt and that is what I put on. You push the cluth in all the way and just barley let pressure of pedal and it is fully engaged. Is there an adjustment on this?

953 nut

:WRS:     Your belt guard plays a major role in declutching a :wh:. Presuming you have the belt guard on, the only thing that comes to mind is the tab on the idler on the clutch arm may not be far enough forward to hold the belt from turning while releasing the clutch. Try rotating it upward a bit if it is too far back.

ideler.JPG.57fc1ee0cec2cb94c80ee63bac5c4969.JPG

• Like 1

W9JAB

Did you use a "Kevlar" coated belt.

Kevlar provides slippage to aid in clutching.

• Like 1

WHX??

On my tractors Richard that tab is fastened to the clutch arm and cab's be moved. Not sure if that's the case with a 314 or not. Sounds like a 82" belt is too short? Hopefully 314 owners will chime in as to what they use and some pics for guidance.

BTW

:WRS: @tbear0714

tbear0714
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:     Your belt guard plays a major role in declutching a :wh:. Presuming you have the belt guard on, the only thing that comes to mind is the tab on the idler on the clutch arm may not be far enough forward to hold the belt from turning while releasing the clutch. Try rotating it upward a bit if it is too far back.

That is what I thought is that it is to short. OEM is 81.99 so you would think 82 would be right.

OEM says the belt is 81.99 so I figured a 82 would be just right. But I agree that it seems to short.