Amcwheel85

1966 Colt 2310

Amcwheel85

Well I got a call yesterday from a little old lady yesterday asking me if I would be interested in a old garden tractor her husband bought new in 1966 when they lived in Minnesota. She tells me it's a colt 2310 and it used to have a deck but somehow it doesn't anymore but she said it has something that hooks to the back of it.. idk what yet.. well I have never seen one in person even tho they are same as case, she is suppose to send me pics today and hopefully going to go look at it in person if it's decent. They have original owners manuals too. I would love to add this one to my collection! Got my fingers crossed. Pics as soon as she send them to me!

• Like 4

953 nut

I think I remember seeing them on "Classic Tractor Fever". They used a hydraulic pump to power a tiller rather than belt drive, very cool.

• Like 1

ACman

The Case , Colt , Ingersoll brands I believe are hydraulic driving tractors and not hydro like most others.

• Like 1

DJE

Can't wait to see pics!! I've got two Colts. They're cool tractors!

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Yea I really like case and had a case 444 black knight but sold it, always wanted the older style so if I can get this colt I get the older style in a version that's alil more rare. Hoping they send me pictures today. The tractor is only about 30-40 min from my house

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Hm a 66 Colt :woohoo: and it's only 30-40 minutes away and your waiting for pictures  :auto-layrubber:GO GET IT :auto-swerve: 

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

Well I was just hoping I could see it asap as I couldn't go til tomorrow lol. I can't wait to see it hope it's all original and not chopped up

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Well I'm going to check this colt out today as soon as I get out of work at 1.. can't wait hopefully it's in decent shape!

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Well it's not on the shape I wanted but comes with a parts tractor. I got it bought but won't be able to get it for a few weeks. He gave me a number to a guy that restores his tractors so he will be doing this colt. It comes with the new colt decals. And this guy took me to a guy that has wheel horse tractors that he won't part with but I'm bugging him and will post pics on wheel horse section! 

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

• Like 5

953 nut

Looks good, not too much work needed.    :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Can't wait to have it restored to look like this again! 

IMG_1646.JPG

• Like 3

ACman

Man seeing all your tractors  I really need to get over to to family farm where I grew up . There's a old case literally half buried from a woodchuck in the pole barn . It was the first tractor I ever drove and learned to mow on . Then there's the cub cadet 1150 put out to pasture (after sitting in the same barn for years :rant2:) . Many many hours of seat time on that one . Then I still need to get pics for @Achto of the cockshuut .

• Like 3

WHX??

Now carefull Jeff.... showing Dan pics  of a 'shutt might be like thrownin gas in  the fire! :lol:

20161001_092737.jpg

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 5

Achto
10 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Now carefull Jeff.... showing Dan pics  of a 'shutt might be like thrownin gas in  the fire! :lol:

The wife requested that no more GT's come home for a while, but....:think: she didn't say anything about another Cockshutt :lol:

Looking forward to the pic's @ACman

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

Amcwheel85

Some more of the tractors I got to see

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

• Like 4

WHX??
17 hours ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Can't wait to have it restored to look like this again! 

I don't know I kinda like it in its original work duds. If this little guy doesn't play well with your horses lemme know and it will find its way back to Wisconsin! :ychain::lol:

Wow if that's all from one collector he has got a nice assortment!

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

I usually leave them original but this colt has a crap paint job and to me looks molested. I want a colt to look like a colt. If it was original colt and was just patina I wouldn't restore it

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Holy cow , the guy does have a collection . was the red car a 54 Chevy ?

oliver2-44

I have to love that last green picture:greetings-clappingyellow: Its an Oliver 550 which is the farm version of my Oliver 244 loader backhoe which is the industrial version. 

I know it's green:auto-layrubber:, but at least its an Oliver

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

I'm a huge Oliver fan! I have my grandpas 66 tattooed on my arm! So I would love to have a 66 someday. Also that 1800 LP powered tractor they have!