70wheelhorseGT-14

520 Troubles

70wheelhorseGT-14

I have a 1993 520-H and is fresh out the paint shop and has been put back together. Over the last year we have replaced the ignition mod and a few other things and the tractor has ran great. Have yet to be able to enjoy the tractor by riding it since it's been in pieces. Now that it's back together, went to start it and nothing happens. Fuses are good and I replaced all the relays. We checked all the safety switches last night and all is working. Went to bump it over and all the relays are clicking like they should but nothing happens. We are at a loss as to what it could be. I grew up with 312-8's so this is a new monster to me and id like to have it ready to take it to the show. Any ideas as to what it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

gwest_ca

This wiring manual has a drawing for each circuit which makes it easier to follow

Garry

• Like 1

Adams94

Turn the head lights on while trying to crank, if they dim way down then the starter is trying to turn but if they stay bright then the starter is not trying to engage

6bg6ga

Did you say the tractor is back from paint?  If so about the first thing I would do before going further is to check the grounds. Are there any ground cables that make contact with the frame that could be making poor contact due to a new coat of paint? Some tractors have a small ground cable/wire/wires that also go to the negative terminal on the battery and when left off the engine won't crank and you can be chasing your tail looking for it. This happened to me on my 616 zero turn. I replaced the battery with a new one and forgot the two wire cable that also was to attach to the battery. I terminated it and guess what? It turned over and started right up.

• Like 1

BaySide1

also, make sure it is in neutral. If you leave it in forward or reverse nothing happens when you turn the key