moper

'05 265-6 tranmission info/help?

moper

I've got a 265-6 I use to clean up around my small farm. Just finished a head gasket, wheel bearings, and charging system fixes on it and I'd like to look into the transmission. Not sure what model it is, or how to service it if needed.Looking to check oil level, drain, and fill with proper oil but I can; find a drain plug, a dip stick, or any way to access the transaxle without removing the seat and fuel tank.  Any help is appreciated.

rmaynard

I don't think there are many members on here with that model. Seems that I read on another forum that it is technically not serviceable, but some owners have removed the transmission and turned the transmission up-side-down, dumping the fluid out through openings on the top. Then they refilled through the same opening. Doesn't sound like a good way to do it, but I had to do a similar procedure on my John Deere's Tuff Torq transmission.

:WRS:

gwest_ca

Here is a service manual for the transmission. You need the 820-Series and you should have a 820-024 model

Parts list

Garry

• Like 1

moper

Thanks to both of you! Given some of the noises I'm hearing from it the term "not serviceable" may prove problematic...lol. I definitely appreciate the responses.