Indianajohn

Issues with 42" RD deck on 520H

Indianajohn

I put the 42" RD deck under my 520 recently, but I'm having a couple of issues. Not sure if it's a problem with a deck or the tractor tho. 

When I raise the deck off the ground, it hangs crooked. It's very high on one side and low on the other. I did check to make sure that the cross shaft that hooks into the brackets on the tractor is in its proper location with the "bushings" on the shaft inside the brackets. Don't know if this is a normal situation, but doesn't seem like it should be. Also, on the arm that hangs down from the tractor there is a pin that engages with the lifting bar on the deck. It barely sticks thru the slot in that bar. It appears that there should be a washer and a cotter pin or clip that should go in that pin once it is installed thru that bar. However, the pin doesn't stick thru the bar anywhere near enough to be able install those parts. No matter hard how hard I try to pull that arm over, I can't get that pin to go all the way thru the bar. Any thoughts?

oldlineman

Sounds to me like you may not have the deck in the attach-a-matic correctly.I don't have a 520 to look at but on my 414-8 the lift pin that goes into the decks slotted hole goes clear in . Maybe a picture or two will let some here see what is going on.There is also two adjustable pins the adjust deck side to side when lifted. and two rubber belt parts that stick up and hit the underside of the foot rests when deck is in the up position.Pictures are the best whay to figure this out though.Good luck

Ed Kennell

:wwp:           :text-yeahthat:     Also, the lift bar is supported by a rod in two bushings at the rear of the bar.     Check that the rod is in the bushings properly.