Sodaking27

Finally got the 520-8 home

Wishin4a416

Nice looking machine!!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Build a bigger garage , one that you can sleep in if the number of :wh: becomes  a daily topic of discussion.

• Like 5

Amcwheel85

That's funny! ^^^

HorseFixer

She's a Beauty!  :clap:

• Like 1

bo dawg

Pretty sweet looking tractor! The wiring seems to be the issue with all them 520's

Sodaking27

Really pleased so far. Single owner and I verified that with the dealer it was purchased from. 930 hours and the meter is working. I couldn't help but mow the lawn with it tonight. Runs really well. Not a single tear in the seat. Thanks for all the comments.

• Like 2

cleat
9 hours ago, bo dawg said:

Pretty sweet looking tractor! The wiring seems to be the issue with all them 520's

I think a lot of the problem is not the tractor but the way they were treated.

Once I bring the wiring back up to factory spec (with the exception of getting the charge wire out of the 9 pin and running straight down to the starter solenoid through an inline fuse as per early 520 design), all the issues seem to go away.

I wonder why Toro decided to cut back on gauges with just a transmission change.

Great looking tractor, I wonder if I should convert one of my 520's to an 8 speed some day.

Cleat

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
8 hours ago, sodaking27 said:

Really pleased so far. Single owner and I verified that with the dealer it was purchased from. 930 hours and the meter is working. I couldn't help but mow the lawn with it tonight. Runs really well. Not a single tear in the seat. Thanks for all the comments.

I have bought two tractors that came through Michael. He is a great Wheel Horse resource and nice guy.

c-series don

I still can't figure out why they didn't put electric lift on those 520-8s. Wasn't even an option. I always thought an 8-speed with electric lift would be the best rototilling tractor. I know, I know the 418-8 had it, but don't have one those YET !!!