Little 308-8

Rear cable question on 308- 8

Little 308-8

Happy Easter.   I bought a clevis hitch to attach a blade on the back of the tractor.  Question is, what picks it up?  I see a little tube and I found a tube and cable set on ebay, but if I have the tube can I use a cable from tractor supply? I also didn't see where it would attach to under the tractor.  

2 side questions, anyone put a smaller drive pully on the trans for a little more speed?  

Adjustable, electric lift?  Gettin picky on this one. Lol

Thanks for the help. 

Scott

WVHillbilly520H

The tube is a conduit for a cable that is threaded on one end and a ball on the other, the ball fits in a clevis that attaches to the rock shaft that goes through the frame in front of the trans that lifts the deck the threaded end also has a trunion which pins to the clevis/sleeve arm this is what lifts the attachments (rear blade plow ect) , you could probably make one work from TSC but some things aren't worth the aggravation IMHO, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170406-183001.png

shallowwatersailor

Hello to "Coast Guard City" and welcome to Red Square! You also need the rock shaft that the cable end goes to. A chain then goes from the rock shaft to the hitch.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

Little 308-8

Ill have to see if the rock shaft is up there tomorrow.  Think your right on the cable, see if I can get that also.  Coast Guard = elephant ear stands. :)   Thanks for the quick replies.  Love this little tractor.  

Lee1977

You need the rocker shaft that works on Wheel Horses with the gas tank under the seat. The older style is longer and won't fit between the gas tank.

Edited by Lee1977

Little 308-8
11 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

You need the rocker shaft that works on Wheel Horses with the gas tank under the seat. The older style is longer and won't fit between the gas tank.

My tank is on the eng.  I got the small 8hp. 

can whlvr

ya but you still have the same seat frame that the rocker attaches to

Little 308-8

I'm guessing this is what the cable attaches too.  Seems to line up with the tube. 

1492198278753840936398.jpg

Little 308-8

Thank you for that attachment Wheelhorseman.  That helps tremendously! 

• Like 1

Little 308-8

I just noticed I bought the rear clevis from you on ebay wheelhorseman. :)

• Like 1