coach717

Coach needs some coaching (help)

coach717

Newbie here I bought an old 1988 Wheel Horse 111-6 it's a rear engine. I picked this up for $75.00 Put a new ignition switch in cleaned the carb installed a new battery and it fired right up. Amazing! What I havent been able to do is keep the pto belt working so the deck cuts. Is there an adjustment I can make to help insure that the belt stays engaged? Help I don't want to use that walk behind mower!!!

Thanks,

Coach717 needs coaching

farmer

:text-welcomeconfetti:coach717

I'm unfamiliar with that machine, but sure there with be others on here who are and can help you out. What I would suggest (if you haven't already done it) is try to find the model number on your mower. It's usually on a little plate with a serial number. Go to the Toro lookup site, follow the instructions and you should be able to identify all the relevant components, with part numbers. Maybe you have broken spring, tensioner or whatever, ....it's a place to start.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

We do not have much on that model. The wire belt guides are usually adjusted so they almost touch a belt when the belt is tight.

Garry

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Retired Wrencher

coach717   :WRS:  Good luck with your 88 111-6 Hope it all works out for you.

rmaynard

I looked through my dusty archives of old manuals, links and miscellaneous stuff and found this. Don't know if it is the same, or if it will help you, but here is a link to a manual for the 111-5 mower.

http://www.ornery.net/2009-05-30/pages/DSC04100R.htm

• Like 3

Achto

:WRS:

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

This is what I could find hope it helps

Best I could do

Here are the possible model numbers for the 111-5.
33-11B501, 111-5 Rear Engine Rider, 1985
33-11B502, 111-5 Rear Engine Rider, 1986
33-11B503, 111-5 Rear Engine Rider, 1987
B3-11B502, 111-5 Rear Engine Rider, 1986
B3-11B591, 111-5 Rear Engine Rider, 1987
There should be a decal/plate on the unit with the number on it. Go to
https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro
You can view the "Product Features" which lists the engine used on each model plus the illustrated parts lists for the tractor.

Here is another link that prices the parts still available from Toro.
http://www.partstree.com/parts/
Put Toro in the 2nd box and the long tractor model number in the 3rd box.
You can also put Briggs in the 2nd box and the engine number in the 3rd box.

You could try ordering a manual from
https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm
Enter the long model number and select "Riding Mowers" for the product type.

• Like 1

Lee1977

I think your saying that the blade won't stay engaged. I looked at the PTO parts drawing on "Parts Tree" it's a belt tightening system. With out it running engage the PTO and check to see how tight the belt is. If it is loose you may need a new belt, also check the idler pulley to see if it turns freely.

• Like 2

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

WHX??

:WRS: Coach

Sounds like the guys got you pointed in the right direction, let us know how it comes out!

• Like 1

coach717

I want to say thanks to all for the overwhelming responses. I think I've got some good info to move me in the right direction. I will let you know how it works out! 

Coach717

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: Coach to :rs: It looks like you just got a little taste of how helpful and friendly these people around here are.  I love this place!!! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Jim

• Like 1