wheelhorse-c-161-1979

1973 Auto 18 with Ark FEL Moves Pine Tree video!

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

Had some fun today, and moved a pine tree with my '73 Auto 18 Wheel Horse with and Ark front end loader. Had my wife film it with her iphone and decided to share with you a little fun of what amazing work this tractor does for me everyday!

Enjoy! 

Edited by wheelhorse-c-161-1979
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Absolutely  awesome 161.... absolutely. :greetings-clappingyellow::handgestures-thumbupright:.... nowhere near enough thumbs her:handgestures-thumbupright: !

• Like 2

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

:USA:Thanks WHX11!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Great video...Thanks for sharing.        Did the tree get replanted?

• Like 2

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

Yes it did. That was the more tedious part. Luckily the soil is very sandy and the manual labor wasn't to strenuous! :) lol

• Like 3

roadapples

Great video.. :handgestures-thumbupright:  I realize not everyone has a need for a loader, but I wouldn`t want to be without mine...

• Like 3

jay bee
2 minutes ago, wheelhorse-c-161-1979 said:

Yes it did. That was the more tedious part. Luckily the soil is very sandy and the manual labor wasn't to strenuous! :) lol

So.......it wasn't that hard of a job for your wife???

Jim

• Like 2

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

As we have small goat farm, there is no way that I'd be able to do the work without it!. I use it all year long. From moving logs, to mucking out  goat and chicken manure, to filling in the potholes on our road with RCA, this is the beast that does it all! :) And purs like a kitten. Pretty much a wrench, some drivers, lots of oil changes and lubes and an occasional belt and it keeps on running :)

• Like 3

WHX??
22 minutes ago, roadapples said:

not everyone has a need for a loader, but I wouldn`t want to be without mine...

'specially without a horse head and this funky horn..... :lol:

21 minutes ago, wheelhorse-c-161-1979 said:

As we have small goat farm, there is no way that I'd be able to do the work without it!. I use it all year long. From moving logs, to mucking out  goat and chicken manure

So does this mean if I can talk the missus into some goats and chickens she will let me get a FEL!?!

Couple of nubians and some rock islands reds??

• Like 4

wheelhorse-c-161-1979
5 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

So does this mean if I can talk the missus into some goats and chickens she will let me get a FEL!?!

Jim, Wheel Horses are one thing. Wives are a whole different thing, lol. There's a whole lot of blogs and resources on em and still none of em know anything for sure. Way above my pay-grade to answer that!:wacko:

• Like 4

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Amen!

Edited by WHX11

SylvanLakeWH

My hat is tipped to the Mrs. - What great job on the video!

• Like 3

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

Thanks Sylvan. A fun little video production to close out a good exhausting day! :)

• Like 4

RandyLittrell

Great video, thanks for sharing!! I could not be without my FEL on my 1277. Everybody needs a FEL, they just don't know it yet! 

Randy

• Like 2

WHX??

I dunno Randy... I don't believe you have a FEL on a 1277 ...... time for more :text-coolphotos:!

• Like 1

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

Amen!.... Same goes for a pickup truck. Always get a kick to see these suburban Subaru or Prius drivers try to fit a box or a piece of lumber in their nano-golf carts!

Can't do the job, if you don't have the right tools!

• Like 6

RandyLittrell
22 hours ago, WHX11 said:

I dunno Randy... I don't believe you have a FEL on a 1277 ...... time for more :text-coolphotos:!

OK, I'll bite

6q3YRnwt2TEbiI0-4dOLM8uvMeDkrPGIiLXieBOvT18CKVK0jI83h3Ky3CmQBm4mxkAqzgCTRJF0uGS90NmVcW1wvELDeSKSJBQojhrJlyZsHm6bMCLApmmPd7HVmoUMzZ7vcEieD_7-tvG518mgECgwp5ftu5GsUp6LF7QO-5FCfKeIUOjQSxN9kBncXQ0udpKVZqEGmQtpo3ip5fcDMOi4MXXvql-gD25Mklq9-jBLA0TcwW9e9xtMA_Jrcf2i0jPH9jgQykXE5S33jtGBMmnjmp-hDQI2612qAyCI5Wfb9MMpyLI8CfPfbgk_DrKglZvgyt16CXZkLfog87ONLseYFFECjS4bWTryvytppYmBrqlko0YxFIQ2NzP1fkRVkd-3vPIS5u9Kf-qVuV-DDVz84vs6Ahm_bmxgzTnpu4Rze9JGKcAWmt85eRZY9l2nZarEKpQX1wWuZdqugJ9sdQ5hAg5_vMhXlESj8tw3SA7sRfRpqKAgKCBzOnaCGAlvROU8scY7B8OiiUdIHGiEY11BO0hZFYPWP0ZZtqQ1583j6oxCOlcrzLbs-uoi8BppM732HtOwdmmilEphH8IXI71_jbEnTwU9NQpnMpvxGwwot1oX3-ZR=w1256-h942-no

Its a johnson 10 and has been really good for me after I added to the subframe that a PO did a piss poor job building. 

Randy

• Like 3

WHX??

Nice Randy....those boom rams look very stout....is that a bucket position indicator I see? Don't see too many of those on our little guys. :handgestures-thumbupright: 

How does/is the hydro holding up on that beast? I'll  confess I just have this penchant for '66/'67 horses with S/G motors done up like that! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 1