12 hp Kohler

Wheel horse trailer

12 hp Kohler

I have a wheel horse trailer that I acquired recently. I am wondering if it worth restoring or not. If I do restore it I will still be using it for carrying logs, rocks, leaves and dirt and possibly some other things. I am also wondering if I did repainted it would I be able to get another of the decal that's on it or if I can't get that exact decal. I am also wondering what the general value is as it sits.IMG_0419.thumb.JPG.7f120e06eb739c6d8ee7366ef9517095.JPGIMG_0420.thumb.JPG.0ba7d51a5ff7b8f83ac83135d1608fe1.JPGIMG_0422.thumb.JPG.00e4ef0b02f88374f782cfd031b39ef2.JPGIMG_0423.thumb.JPG.cf3c550407628b2f8850594bf923bab9.JPGIMG_0425.thumb.JPG.c01a60ef5c8d69fd25c608865dbe9041.JPGIMG_0426.thumb.JPG.7fa30ec87861e09f5ccae679ae1d7910.JPGIMG_0427.thumb.JPG.a2a4258fa07a9ebf089e8cb7af979e82.JPGIMG_0428.thumb.JPG.5e0f42cf10493062a4d7beb5990a6eec.JPGIMG_0429.thumb.JPG.6b5daeb0087cf23067d9980029df1cc7.JPG

• Like 2

WHX??

Wow I think that's the first one I've seen that was not bent in the back! Go get it! Oh you already have!

We just had this discussion awhile back, whether  or no to use them. It was generally agreed yes use it for light duty & tub rides for the kids but then get a big box cheapy to beat the snot out of. I say that ones worth 100 and I would restore it since someone has already wrecked the patina. No problem with getting the decals from Vinyl Guy.

• Like 1

12 hp Kohler

Ok thanks for the info, I will try to restore it this summer, I am defenetly happy with $100 judging off the fact that I got it for free

• Like 2

classicdmax

Perhaps try using rustoleum truck bed liner with a top coat of your fav WH red inside that tub. Perhaps it will better resist rock rash and such from use.

ive used that combo several times on various projects (non tractor) in the past with good results

1-self etching primer

2-ruatoleum truck bed liner

3-top coat 

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Non skid helps the little ones from sliding out on tub rides! Free is always a good price....way to keep the eyes open! 

12 hp Kohler

Ok, that sounds like a good idea.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Tristen1972
      By Tristen1972
      I have a Wheel Horse model 7-2211 yard trailer for sale. This trailer Has been repainted by the previous owner. It is not a show piece but with that being a said it is a solid trailer that would be a good worker. This trailer would be great for someone that wants one that looks decent and isn’t afraid to use it like it should be used. My price is O.B.O. for it. Feel free to ask questions and I can send more pics of it through text or email. I prefer texting or email but will accept calls on it. 
      Thanks-
      Tristen 

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      We brought my next project home last night.  I think I am going to need a BIGGER shed real soon

• shallowwatersailor
      By shallowwatersailor
      Tomorrow is the first trip with equipment to the new house. One of the advantages of the brand trailer I have (Sure Trac) is that the gate can fold down onto the deck of the trailer. It will be loaded going down but empty returning, With the gate up it feels like I am still towing a parachute. The problem with having the gate down is that the trailer disappears behind my truck. 

I had bought a pair of 36" snowplow marker guides for the 42" single stage snowthrower a few years ago. They were to help locate the ends when pulling into our side-load garage. But before mounting them I found a shorter pair that worked better. So the longer ones languished on the shelf until today. I had a last minute thought to mount them on the trailer. It should work great.

• Goldann520
      By Goldann520
      Hey guys, @wheelhorseman, @WVHillbilly520H, brought this stuff home today. Big question did wh make a gooseneck trailer like this? Really hope so, paint looks right and came out of the same lot as the rest of this. Owner swears he had blade and blower on the 414-8 Which means it'll fit my 312-8. He talked me (or bribed) me into taking tractor with me. Got the weights and chains too. $440 for all of it. Tractor runs but has fuel delivery problems. 

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      My father wants to know if he should drive-on, or back on, to the nose of a 6 by 10 U-Haul trailer with one single tractor?
      He has vast experience Towing and a very rugged vehicle with which to do so but wants to make sure that he is balanced correctly or even a little heavy on the tongue of the trailer.
      The driveway of the previous owner of this tractor is nowhere near level so he wants to try to get as close as possible which is tough to do on a hill.
      What are your thoughts?