sdhdcouple

1267 transmission fill

sdhdcouple

okay either i am blind or .....  but where is the fill point on this transmission.  think its a model 5060.  I see the fill point (looking at the back) on the lower left side, is that the only one?

gwest_ca

Did you lift the front of the tractor up to get all the oil out? There is a hump in the bottom that traps some oil ahead of it.

I remove the shifter and pour it in that hole. Have never been able to get 2 quarts in using the fill hole at the left rear.

Garry

stevasaurus

I like to take off the 2 bolts that hold on the seat and fenders.  You can put in a funnel and pour in the trans fluid...it goes in fairly fast and you can watch when the oil starts to come out the fluid level check plug.  When it comes out the fluid level check plug, stop the oil and wipe and put in the plug.  You are good to go.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

stevasaurus

Some guys like to say..."pull the shifter and fill there".  I don't like that and here is why...it is hard to hold up the rubber guard and try to get a 1/8" allen wrench into the set screw to pull the shifter....plus you are dealing with the lock not on the set screw.  I find it much easier to remove the two 9/16" bolts that hold on the seat and fenders.  They both go into the trans and one acts like an air hole.  Put a small funnel in one of the holes and add your trans fluid.  When it starts to run out the fill, check plug...wipe and put the plug in.  Z-WAL-YA.  :)

sdhdcouple

ok thanks guys i give it a look at tomorrow.  thanks