Jams

Vermont wheel horse

Jams

Looking for someone in St Albans area that knows wheel horse tractors. Specifically I am a new tractor owner (1989 520H). It's well used and has tiller , mower deck and snow blower. I've been around small engines plenty and removed the carb cleaned it and it's running great but I got no idea on how to use it. I know that's bad but I have some parts and attachments that I need help figuring out and also I'm sure I'm missing some. 

If you live in the area and have knowledge of these , I would love to hear from you. 

Thanks Jeff

jamsb06@hotmail.com

• Like 2

farmer

Hi jams

If you post up questions (however basic) and pictures in the appropriate forums on Redsquare, there are literally hundreds of members who will be more than willing to help you out, just ask away....:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by farmer
  • Like 5

gwest_ca

These may not be the exact models you have but close enough to get them attached to the tractor. It is explained in the operator manual.

Single stage snowthrower

Two-stage snowthrower if made by Toro. The was another supplied by BerVac and we have those manuals as well

All sizes of mower decks hook up the same

Garry

Adding

Mower decks are sized by their width of cut - not the width of the deck.

• Like 7

Ed Kennell

There ya go Jeff...print out Garry's manuals and if you still have a problem or question, take pictures and post here.  Someone will help you.

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:  As others have said, got a specific question, feel free to post it.

• Like 5

roadapples

There are no dumb questions here...some times dumb answers  ( we can`t help ourselves ) :ph34r: but lots of knowledge and good people...:WRS:

• Like 7

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: Jams.  As stated above, just ask a question in one of the forums and you will be surprised at the friendly, informative and useful help you will receive from members here.  Glad to have you here!!!

Jim

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Jeff as we have talked before My knowledge of that area there is not much in the way of wheel horse action. I see more in Burlington / Winooski area because of there size. my research the last time I looked there was never any dealers in the state. It was in NY and NH. I could be wrong but that was what I found out when I looked last.  But it looks like Garry help you out. Maybe a local dealer can help. Champlain Valley Equipment or there is a J/D dealer in Highgate/ Swanton area. Good luck.

• Like 3

FatJackDurham

Leos in Morrisville, a long way from you, is a Toro dealer and several of the mechanics are Wheelhorse collectors.

Thats a nice setup.

• Like 4

DennisThornton

Not much help for JAMS now but some VT WH history:

The Burlington Free Press from Burlington, Vermont on July 11, 1985

"Largest Wheel Horse Dealer One Ninety Seven, Inc. 197 Pearl St."

The Burlington Free Press from Burlington, Vermont on June 19, 1969 ...

What we do now There's no power like WHEEL HORSE 197 PEARL ST. Essex Junction, Vt. 878-5283 

The Burlington Free Press from Burlington, Vermont on February 27 ...

Feb 27, 1991 - U I. J!" One Ninety Seven, Inc. 197 Pearl St., Essex Jct.,VT 879-6541 ... VT 862-6585 863-1125 New England's Largest Wheelhorse Dealer ...

I've brought back 3 WHs from VT and those 197 stickers are familiar.

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher
15 hours ago, FatJackDurham said:

Leos in Morrisville, a long way from you, is a Toro dealer and several of the mechanics are Wheelhorse collectors.

Thats a nice setup.

Jack is it catching on up there. When I go up for the summer I do not see many up in Vt. I hope so  I see to much green up there and it is not grass.

7 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Not much help for JAMS now but some VT WH history:

The Burlington Free Press from Burlington, Vermont on July 11, 1985

"Largest Wheel Horse Dealer One Ninety Seven, Inc. 197 Pearl St."

The Burlington Free Press from Burlington, Vermont on June 19, 1969 ...

What we do now There's no power like WHEEL HORSE 197 PEARL ST. Essex Junction, Vt. 878-5283 

The Burlington Free Press from Burlington, Vermont on February 27 ...

Feb 27, 1991 - U I. J!" One Ninety Seven, Inc. 197 Pearl St., Essex Jct.,VT 879-6541 ... VT 862-6585 863-1125 New England's Largest Wheelhorse Dealer ...

I've brought back 3 WHs from VT and those 197 stickers are familiar.

Thanks Dennis.

DennisThornton

@Retierd WrencherThere's a Toro dealer just north of Plattsburgh that handled WH but I don't see any around here!  Got more out of VT & downstate.

I just missed another darn it!

Don't say anything but I'm hoping to find some 3XX or 4XX green as well.

• Like 2

c-series don

Dennis did you say green? I thought we were friends? I also thought we all know friends don't let friends drive green tractors!!!! 

• Like 1

DennisThornton
3 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Dennis did you say green? I thought we were friends? I also thought we all know friends don't let friends drive green tractors!!!! 

Shhshh.  Lower your voice...  I truly do NOT have any green!  I've NEVER had any green!  Honest!  Oh I've looked at some, even sat on one once but I never brought ANY home with me to spend even the night!

So now, in my later years, I just want to try some...

Don't say nothin!  OK? 

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, DennisThornton said:

@Retierd WrencherThere's a Toro dealer just north of Plattsburgh that handled WH but I don't see any around here!  Got more out of VT & downstate.

I just missed another darn it!

Don't say anything but I'm hoping to find some 3XX or 4XX green as well.

Dennis I go up in the summer to visit my brother. And do some fishing. I just do not see many that is why what I said. But thanks for the up date.

• Like 1

c-series don

Dennis since no one else will know about this, I secretly want JD patio tractor. Maybe a red one! However I would entertain other colors, but please don't let anyone else know. Thanks!!! 

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

please don't let anyone else know

1 hour ago, c-series don said:

I secretly want JD patio tractor.

Mum is the word! We wouldn't repeat that; Oh I just did; too bad. :ychain:

DennisThornton
11 hours ago, c-series don said:

Dennis since no one else will know about this, I secretly want JD patio tractor. Maybe a red one! However I would entertain other colors, but please don't let anyone else know. Thanks!!! 

Our secret! 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

@c-series don

Up until a week or so ago I had never heard of a Patio John Deere!  Never new they came in other than JD Green back then.  Seems a dealer mentioned three colors and that indeed red was one choice, but what were the other two?

@Jams

And so we don't completely hijack the original question regarding WH owners in St. Albans VT:

"If you live in the area and have knowledge of these , I would love to hear from you.

Thanks Jeff

jamsb06@hotmail.com"

We're all just a keyboard away!

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Blue and yellow I think

DennisThornton

Image result for "john Deere" patio tractorImage result for "john Deere" patio tractor

The "Weekend Freedom Machine"!

Patio Red

Spruce Blue

April Yellow

Sunset Orange

AND

John Deere Green and Yellow

• Like 1

C-85

Welcome St. Albans!

As far as 197 goes, I'm pretty sure they've gone out of business or at least moved.  I'm from White River Jct. and was through Essex Junction a couple of weeks ago and went by where 197 was and it's some other kind of store, but nothing to do with lawn and garden equipment. 

When my family was a :wh: dealer we used to do some dealer swaps with 197 and I believe it was owned by a guy named Randy Parker.  Not sure what happened to them, which is sad they sold a lot of red tractors!

I wish your location was closer because I would like to have more Wheel Horse neighbors! :)

C-85

• Like 1

c-series don

Wow you gotta admit, those patio tractors are pretty darn nice. Sorry for high jacking this thread! 

ronhatch

Those Patio tractors just don't get it and they're sales reflected that. Green and Yellow is part of the John Deere mystic, not mention the great sound of a pre1960 Johnny popper.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Not to steal the thread , but didn't  C C make something similar to the JD patios in the same time frame ?