Elkskin's mower junkyard

my dads 1967 sears custom 6

Elkskin's mower junkyard

we ran this tractor for past couple years with different engines on it. never had electric hooked up since 1996 when dad got the tractor from neighbor and pulled engine. engine died during mowing for neighbor. dad ddidnt know better and pulled engine almost complately apart. removed crank carb cam. and come to find out the points broke. well i had a junk h70 snowblower engine i brought home last year. and recently got a couple tecumseh repair manuals. so i pulled the points out of the junk engine and put this engine back together for dad. needs head gasket. but hey it runs all that counts lol. when getting parts out of shed a mouse died in oil pan so everything had to be cleaned really well.

• Like 4

slim67
3 hours ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

we ran this tractor for past couple years with different engines on it. never had electric hooked up since 1996 when dad got the tractor from neighbor and pulled engine. engine died during mowing for neighbor. dad ddidnt know better and pulled engine almost complately apart. removed crank carb cam. and come to find out the points broke. well i had a junk h70 snowblower engine i brought home last year. and recently got a couple tecumseh repair manuals. so i pulled the points out of the junk engine and put this engine back together for dad. needs head gasket. but hey it runs all that counts lol. when getting parts out of shed a mouse died in oil pan so everything had to be cleaned really well.

It's got the Tecumseh sound alright. I've always had good luck with the big Tecumsehs in our Sears tractors. My dad and I have had a few and we worked them hard. They are among my favorites.

Elkskin's mower junkyard
16 minutes ago, slim67 said:

It's got the Tecumseh sound alright. I've always had good luck with the big Tecumsehs in our Sears tractors. My dad and I have had a few and we worked them hard. They are among my favorites.

this is only tec powered tractor in the yard that is ours lol. tecs arent our favorite. briggs and kohler are. all our sears except this one have briggs my suburbans are the big block briggs 14- 16 hp cast iron engines alot of torque

slim67
8 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

this is only tec powered tractor in the yard that is ours lol. tecs arent our favorite. briggs and kohler are. all our sears except this one have briggs my suburbans are the big block briggs 14- 16 hp cast iron engines alot of torque

I've had one suburban with the 15 hp B&S but flipped it so I didn't have a chance to run it. I still would rather have the Tecumseh over a Briggs :snooty:in a big block. Kohler tops them both IMO. Nowadays I would say Robin-Subaru is the small engine to have in 8 hp and under.

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, slim67 said:

I've had one suburban with the 15 hp B&S but flipped it so I didn't have a chance to run it. I still would rather have the Tecumseh over a Briggs :snooty:in a big block. Kohler tops them both IMO. Nowadays I would say Robin-Subaru is the small engine to have in 8 hp and under.

yea i know kohler are top for torque but briggs have more torque than a tec. i have ran tractors with all 3. the only thing that sucks about the briggs is the carbs they are finiky

RandyLittrell

I have one of these too. Mine does not run and I think I am going to throw a predator on it and use it for a worker. Glad to see yours running. 

Randy

Ken B

Nice to see an old Sears brought back to life. I've spent many an hr. cutting grass on Sears Customs and Sears Suburban tractors. I'll admit that I really like the 10 hp and up Tecumseh's, they have plenty of power and run much smoother than the smaller Techy's. They also seem too last a hell of a lot longer... 

• Like 2