Jed2155

310-8 Wiring

Jed2155

I picked up a 1989 310-8 with the Magnum yesterday that had a battery meltdown/fire at some point. Who knows what happened. Most of the wires in that area and behind dash are melted beyond use. The pto switch and fuse block area all a mess. The tractor otherwise looks good. I have a new ignition switch for a 310. Question is this: can someone point me to or draw a simple wire diagram to get the engine to start/run to check this thing out? I have some wire to run between switch and solienod. And from rectifier on engine to where ever.  I have new large cables to hook to new battery. I realize would have no safety interlocks but just want to see what I have with tractor running. Thanks

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum

Make sure your ignition switch has one terminal identified with an M for magneto ignition.

Garry

953 nut

:WRS:   This basic diagram will work for testing the engine. You wouldn't want to use it long term because there are no safety switches in it.

58e945e6718a2_Mag.ignitiontractor-wiring.thumb.jpg.90971d4f935f8524b77e5b9c20af5227.jpg

Edited by 953 nut

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Jed2155 Once you get to rewiring including safety switches , let me know I have a few new switches that I will sell you below  retail cost. I decided to run my 310-8 without switches.

953 nut
28 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

decided to run my 310-8 without switches.

Image result for thats a no no