Duramax7man7

Any like the 314h tractors?

Duramax7man7

Have seen only one or two in the past was a little curious about them?

Anyone familiar with them? 

Ed Kennell

I have had 314s and 312s  both good hydros if they have the hydraulic lift they have the better Eaton 1100.   

Duramax7man7

Oh Really? Nice. Yeah they seem like nice little tractors. how do the Magnums hold up in them with the hydro? Any different?

Ed Kennell

The only issue I had was with the fuel pumps losing prime after sitting for a long time.  And this had nothing to do with the Magnum.   If the fuel tank under the seat is half empty, the fuel level is below the pump and it would not prime itself.         The easy fix is to fill the tank when you are finished using it.         Some have installed shut off valves, primer bulbs, or electric pumps.   

Some of the Eaton 1100  Hydros require a 10 minute warm up before the lifts will operate.   Some will lift instantly.  This is not a problem, in fact Toro recommends the warm up before operating any of the Eatons.

• Like 5

Duramax7man7

Okay. That's not to bad of news then. I did pick myself up a 1994 yesterday with 900+ hours on it. Along with a 1991 520h with 1200+ hours on it. Both with decks. Looking forward to tearing into them.

Jrblanke

When my friend bought his first house and subsiquently, his first mower, I convenced him to hold out for a wheel horse. I found him a 1996 314H with about 600 hours that he absolutely loves now. Thanks to Wheel N It, he also has a front plow blade. 

• Like 4

Lane Ranger

I bought this 314-H  last year for my brother David.    Has hydraulic lift also.     Hood has been changed but it is a 314 Hydro.

020.thumb.JPG.74a2ba1aae4007e884158a8c790bd019.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

033.JPG

032.JPG

• Like 3

Duramax7man7

WOW! That's a clean one. Unfortunately mine was left in the weather to age. Looks to have some leaking areas. Tore into it a bit yesterday. Air filter was crushed and completely filled with oil and clogged. Took the carb apart and it had some spots of rust and the throttle valve was stuck closed. Got that all cleaned up and put back together and cleaned up the spark plug which wasn't to bad. The battery in it just needed a good charge but used my other tractors battery for testing. Has good spark.

Fuel tank was clean and dry (didn't even think why). Took the fuel line of to drain and nothing in it. Put that back on and put maybe half a quart of fuel in and it's started to leak out all over the floor as there was a crack in the fuel tank. GRR!? Cleaned that up and cut the fuel line by the engine and stuck that in a fuel can. Use some started fluid and she does start. But doesn't stay started and I'm assuming the fuel pump is stuck or something. I will take that apart today.

my 312-8s is virtually the same setup and doesn't have issues with the fuel pump at all.

• Like 2

slammer302

314H is a great horse. Had a 90's model with low hours. I think all 300 seires are good and usually affordable.

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Power washed the engine and other areas and it was a mess. Tons of debris up under the fuel tank. The fuel pump just wasnt wanting to work and could figure it out. May see if I can pick up another. Not sur if rebuild kits are available for them. Took fuel line from the bottom of the pump and put that straight to the carb and used a 10-12oz plastic bottle and lid and drilled a hole in the bottom and tapped a brass nipple into and attached the fuel line from the carb to it and zip tied it on an angle grinder wrench that I screwed into the top bolt for the VR. Worked perfect. She runs. 

Removed the top bolt on the axle and filled the axle with a quart of 10/40. After a few carb adjustment it runs decent... Warmed it up in idle and then changed the oil. Put 2 qts of 30w in and the dip stick still didnt show full?? Its the same oil pan as my 312?

Anyway, its got a little bit of a knock even after the oil changed but it fires right up! Had it moving around too. Forward and backwards. The steering is trashed though. The steering wheel moves forward and back let alone has tons of play. But the bushing for the lower steering looks blown out. So hopefully just a bushing will tighten that up. But the steering wheel was drilled out and a drywall anchor and bolt were put in place of the normal tension pin.... video tomorrow. 

ericj
17 hours ago, Mastiffman said:

Power washed the engine and other areas and it was a mess. Tons of debris up under the fuel tank. The fuel pump just wasnt wanting to work and could figure it out. May see if I can pick up another. Not sur if rebuild kits are available for them. Took fuel line from the bottom of the pump and put that straight to the carb and used a 10-12oz plastic bottle and lid and drilled a hole in the bottom and tapped a brass nipple into and attached the fuel line from the carb to it and zip tied it on an angle grinder wrench that I screwed into the top bolt for the VR. Worked perfect. She runs. 

like to see pictures of this set up,never heard of anything like that

eric j

• Like 1

Forest Road

I kinda like mine

• Like 1

Duramax7man7
15 hours ago, ericj said:

like to see pictures of this set up,never heard of anything like that

eric j

No? Here ya go... I used gaseous Teflon tape which is just a thicker type of tape I believe.
20170411_084518.jpg

15 hours ago, Forest Road said:

I kinda like mine

Very Nice. Almost seems like it's pushing that Mag 14's power limits though. I tell ya. I used my 520h this past winter with a single stage snow thrower and once I got the belt and PTO Clutch tightened up it was rockin through snow. Launching it a good 25ft-30ft. Not powder but some nice dense stuff moved by the city plows that was at the corner of our street!
 I think that the 314h would be a great mower though for sure. Especially converting it to a 314h-s (s for swept front axle) like I did with my 312-8s and slapping a 60" deck underneath. ;)

Edited by Mastiffman
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-bravo:  3PSI full and 1 PSI empty.   Need more pressure,  get a longer wrench.   :ROTF:

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

ZZZZZACTLY! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Gotta love gravity!

Gotta a new pump coming in the mail so this won't even be an issue. It's the new plastic kind so hope it does well enough. Heck I still gotta fix that crack in the tank! lol

Edited by Mastiffman
  • Like 1

Duramax7man7

Well After getting a nice used fuel tank from Lincoln @A-Z Tractor I pulled out the 314h and pulled of the old leaking one.... The cross member to hold the fuel tank to the hood stand was stereotypically broken on the RH side.

I'm guessing this was the cause...

20170508_171438.jpg