608KEB

Questions about this tractor

608KEB

I'm looking at this tractor for my father. I know nothing about this model. Could someone let me know if this would be a decent tractor for my 80 year old Dad? It's a 14.5 h.p. hydrostatic 

00E0E_3kLY78q45er_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

farmer

I'd say it's a pretty good choice, 'easy' to get on/off, leg room,,hydrostatic drive, I think my main concern would be the side discharge. Not trying to be personal but how's your dads judgement of width, you wouldn't want an accident that might put him off. :(

Good luck. 

• Like 2

857 horse

:text-yeahthat:.................What the farmer said,,,,,,,    and what the farmer eats :handgestures-thumbupright:.............

Howard 857 in Va

Aldon

That's an 500 series XI or LXI from the photo.

im not real familiar with them but I thought they start at 18hp, go up to 22hp. And 22hp had power steering.

You should get more feedback soon from the others....

Chris G

I just picked up a Toro LX425 earlier this year for my step dad. He seems to be pretty happy with it and I believe the tractors is pretty similar to the one you have pictured. 

Tankman

Doesn't get much better! I'm sure Dad'll love the Stallion.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

gwest_ca

May be a 14-38HXL model 71219.

If it is

Garry

• Like 2

Jerry77

Did some searching on the web and couldn't find many good comments about this model...you didn't mention cost, but for an old man (--I am one of those ) I use a craftsman vertical engine big box store for mowing - easy on and off - and a wheelhorse garden tractor for everything else - 1400 dollars and you can depend on it for about 6 years - after that you will either have to get another one or work on it daily....:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

doc724

The picture you posted is a 5xi machine.  Depending on the year, it is 18-22 hp.  It is a wonderful machine but it is really big.  The deck alone weighs 160 pounds.  I doubt that Dad will be taking the deck on and off at all.

Maybe you posted the wrong pix?

608KEB

It's on Craigslist.  I thought it looked like a XI model. But ad says 14.5 h.p.:think:. my dad is really agile for a 80 year old. He still cash crops corn and soybeans on his land. I'll help him service it though. The asking price is $375.00

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 2