Wishin4a416

Blades for 48'' deck

Wishin4a416

Are the blades the same for a 48'' deck for the D and the 300-400-500 series decks? Or different? Asking for a friend who has a D 160.

gwest_ca

Could be the same except for the center mounting hole so that makes them different. The 300, 400 and 500 are late enough to have a 3/4" center hole.

The D-Series Auto models started using blades with a 5/8" x 3/4" Double-D center hole in 1973 and those are no longer available. In 1980 they were using the blades with a 3/4" center hole. The older spindles could also have been upgraded to 3/4".

Garry

• Like 1

pacer

Yeah, what Garry says --- your friend will almost certainly have to pull the existing blades off to determine whats what. If hes lucky somewhere along the line someone changed the spindles out to the later type. As said the double D's are about extinct.

I lucked out a while back and found a NOS complete set on ebay - My D180 still has the original double D spindles so I was quite tickled to get a set in reserve/

• Like 1

Tankman

Perhaps a local machine shop could (easy enough) mill Double-D mounting holes in a set of blades.

Correct length blades, small center hole, easy fix for a milling machine. :handgestures-thumbupright:

http://www.oregonproducts.com/pdfs/universal_blades.pdf

Edited by Tankman