Ed Kennell

Another What's It Worth ?

ACman

Grab a carrot or a apple and lead that one onto your trailer...That's one clean looking :wh:Horse ! What they asking or is this at a auction house ?

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

He goes on the auction block tomorrow Jeff.

• Like 3

clueless

Hydro, or 8sp?

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Good luck at the auction tomorrow , that is  nice looking tractor. 

• Like 3

elliot ness

Very nice, don't let that Horse get away, :woohoo:

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ed, it sure has all the trimmings with it, nice low hour machine to. best of luck, I hope you get it.

Glenn

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

THE GOOD

low hours, nice cab w/ glass, wiper and lights,  , good 2 stage thrower,  iron wheel weights, rubber chains, weight rack w/  4 weights, axle bracket , reinforced spindles

THE BAD

It's an 8 speed Chris @clueless   I'm too old, or lazy, or maybe it's too smart to want to push clutches and pull lift levers.

THE UGLY

the hood and grill are dinged up where he opened it into that big  hunken two stage.   The tires are worn out.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed since I am blinded  by pollen I can not make out the model , another good thing it comes with its on shovel , and someone left you some dirt or gravel in the blower.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

It's not you Jim, I think the cab rubbed the Magnum 14 engine decal.   It's a 314  8 speed. I didn't check the year..were they made around  '95-'98?

• Like 2

1995 520H+96+97

Gold decals= 1996.

• Like 3

farmer

It's out of season......should be cheap to clear. :ychain:

• Like 2

BaySide1

a direct replacement for that cab alone would be about $1200 with the glass window, wiper and lights.

the 2 stage blower ads another easy $600

a 312-8 averages about $700 without a mower deck and plow blade

the chains and weights add another easy $100

Used Snow Shovel and triangle Caution sign another $500

Anniversary model 318-12?

• Like 3

953 nut
9 minutes ago, BaySide1 said:

I guess the shovel must be gold plated!   :ychain:

It will probably bring a whole lot less now than it would have in the winter, good luck.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell
15 minutes ago, BaySide1 said:

a direct replacement for that cab alone would be about $1200 with the glass window, wiper and lights.

the 2 stage blower ads another easy $600

a 312-8 averages about $700 without a mower deck and plow blade

the chains and weights add another easy $100

Anniversary model 318-12?

It's a 314 8 speed.       

How many of those $500 used shovels and SMV sign combos would you like?    BOGO and free S & H.

You type faster than me Richard.....arthritis ya know.

The shovel only  has 2 hours on the meter.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 5

ericj

Ed, will the third time be the charm. Did the owner let it go last time or did he no sell it. when the tractor sold the first time it brought a real good price, and if I remember right it sold for a fair bit less the last time. good luck with the bidding tomorrow. p.s. I saw this earlier and wanted to call you to and make sure you knew about it, but you saved me the trouble :ROTF:

eric j  

• Like 4

Aldon

Anything less than 1500 seems would be a good price. 

If if it was a CL ad around these parts it would be 2800 or more. Although they don't seem to move quickly.

• Like 3

WHX??

I like it Ed but 8 speed is a issue for blowing and I know you & I  & others prefer a hydro for that BUT ....that does mean all those nice treats have to stay on it. That cab is imaculate and the deuce ain't  too shabby either. Plus  your fav rubber chains,  weights. I would easily go up to 2500 on that rig and  probably even more. I always think about  what it would put together that kind of setup with today's money and even what the PO has stuck in it. Tires are not a deal breaker at all. I would bring it home if Bob  Barker says the price is right, put those goodies on a machine  our shoulders can handle and try and flip the tractor if I didn't have a use (highly unlikely) for it. I have run  a  314-8 at plow days and they are unstoppable set up right for that use. That motor ain't even broken in yet. 

Aldon you on crack if you think that 15 would be a good price, it would be stealing but I get what you mean about 28 on CL and not selling for awhile. Most folks don't get it about that setup 'cause they don't know what us yehoos here know! :)

Good luck Ed and keep us in the loop! ;)

• Like 4

HorseFixer

I don't like an 8 speed for Snow Chuckin that alone turns me off. The Snow Cab with Hard Window and Wipers Are a Plus.  With that in mind $1500.00 Is The Very Tops in my book. What I would do is PU for onder 1.5K  sell the tractor for 900 to 1000.00 and transplant all those Chuckin Groceries on a C-160 hydro or something. 

• Like 4

ericj

Ed should we tell them what it brought the first time or should we wait till after tomorrow ?

eric j

• Like 3

WHX??

I already have an  idea Eric.... but keep us in suspence! No offence Duke and I hope you have a sence of humor but you are on crack too! :ychain::lol: That rig is worth wayy more than 15, not that I don't hope Ed doesn't get it for that. He be my hero if he does.....did I mention I hate auctions!?! I do agree, as most of us, that the 8 speed is not a great chucker....would do if you got the arms of Hulk Hogan but Ed's old! :ychain:...... but  your suggestions on a transplant to a different breed are spot on. 

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 3

HorseFixer
46 minutes ago, ericj said:

Ed should we tell them what it brought the first time or should we wait till after tomorrow ?

eric j

37 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

:ychain::lol: That rig is worth wayy more than 15, not that I don't hope Ed doesn't get it for that. He be my hero if he does.....did I mention I hate auctions!?! :ychain:...... but  your suggestions on a transplant to a different breed are spot on. 

You guys are funny! :ROTF:   

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 3

WHX??

I'm an idiot... I hope that Ed DOES get it for that amount!:lol:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Let's keep em in suspense Eric, and I'm sorry I didn't recognize your voice when you called me tonight.  

I think I know what happened though.  My hearing aids have  a three position switch ....ON   OFF   and   WIFE.    I probably had it on the third  one.

Jim @WHX11, I like the way you and Duke @HorseFixer  think.  

If it ends up in my herd, after I do some tests,  the deuce, the rubber chains,   the weight rack, and the glass window will come off and go on my 520H with the foot feed and heated cab. 

I am partial to the Hydros.   I wonder if building Hydro Turbines for 50 years could be the reason.

• Like 5

HorseFixer
20 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Let's keep em in suspense Eric, and I'm sorry I didn't recognize your voice when you called me tonight.  

I think I know what happened though.  My hearing aids have  a three position switch ....ON   OFF   and   WIFE.    I probably had it on the third  one.

Jim @WHX11, I like the way you and Duke @HorseFixer  think.  

If it ends up in my herd, after I do some tests,  the deuce, the rubber chains,   the weight rack, and the glass window will come off and go on my 520H with the foot feed and heated cab. 

I am partial to the Hydros.   I wonder if building Hydro Turbines for 50 years could be the reason.

Did I hear someone mention HEATED CAB? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   ;)   When you guys start putting Jensen Stereos, Speakers, Motorized Chutes, Coffee Cup Warmers, and remote backup Camera system errrrr wait I don't have mine installed yet! :)  Then I will start getting worried!  :text-yeahthat:

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2