new horse

520 issue's

new horse

help guys, I need advice, I put a NEW regulator/rectifier on my 520 but it's NOT charging the battery, yet it peg's the charging gauge to the + side as soon as you turn the key to the on position without even starting it, I've checked all three fuses, they are good, the terminals inside the fuse holders are clean, battery term's are clean and tight. just not sure where to look next. any advice is really appreciated.

WHX??

Check the actual battery voltage but mor'n likely a bad voltmeter. Battery should be around 13vdc with a good battery, around 14.6vdc with the engine running at near full throttle. Doesn't hurt to check the stator output around... 45vac with engine running WOT.

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

There are cheaper options to replacing the voltage gauge as did last spring with a less than $20 one from a parts store of your choice, (Auto Zone for me), check out my old post "Good Friday 520", Jeff.

IMAG2103.jpg

• Like 2

ericj

the volt gauge in the 520's, 416's are known to go bad like that. check your voltage to the battery like stated above, good luck.

eric j 

• Like 1

new horse

thanks for the advice guys, a new Volt gauge took care of my charging problem!!!!                           I believe its okay .............................

• Like 2