WHwest8597

Best Battery

clueless
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Not my experience.  The local auto ports store used to carry Interstate. so that is what i bought.  I think they have an internal self destruct system at 36 months...  Store switched to Dekka so that is what i use now.  I have batteries in 18 WHs

Interstate batteries cost three times as much as they did 20 years ago and last half as long:(.

tom2p
On 10/31/2020 at 12:02 PM, clueless said:

Interstate batteries cost three times as much as they did 20 years ago and last half as long:(.

that's a bummer - Interstate batteries had good rep at one time 

I used Sears Diehard batteries for decades until fairly recently (when Sears went under) - and since then it has been Duracell (made by DEKA / East Penn I believe ?)

our cars sit outside - sometimes for extended periods without use ; including two cars with relatively high parasitic drain 

our tractors sit for extended periods without use during winter months 

mediocre batteries don't work for us 

Edited by tom2p

sqrlgtr

Have a buddy that swears by the cheap wally word batteries,I don't lol...I have replaced 2 wally world batteries in the last 2 months with Die Hard (420 cca) from advance.They really turn over with authority now,a big difference compared to the cheaper EverStart's.Both tractors were S/G systems,a 701 and a 857.Now if they will last as good as they start I will be in business.If I had to buy another today it would be another Die Hard :).BTW have had worse luck with interstate myself....

Edited by sqrlgtr