JPWH

Raider 12 Modifications

JPWH
9 hours ago, Aldon said:

Looks good! Big show is only 8 months away:-)

I hope to be started paint before cold weather. Just need to seal the hydraulic tank, rebuild the battery tray, rework the wiring, and fill the hydraulic system to give it a test run.

9 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I will be glad when the Big Show gets here so I can see your great work.

I look forward  to meeting you then.

• Like 1

953 nut
On 10/13/2017 at 4:44 AM, JPWH said:

hope to be started paint before cold weather

I can identify with that, fortunately we do have a few warm spells every winter.

• Like 1

JPWH

I may be closer than I thought. I started final assembly today after I prepped and sealed the hydraulic tank. That needs to cure 4.or 5 days before I add hydraulic oil. Also prepped and sealed the new 854 tank while I was at it.

• Like 1

JPWH

I had to get creative for the 30 amp bus on the fuse block. Wiring is done except fuel pump and light switch.

KIMG1101.jpg

• Like 4

JPWH

The hydraulic hoses I had made fit pretty good. I figured I had better install them before I installed the battery and that also gives them a chance to form before I put pressure on them. I left the tank open to let the sealer cure a few more days.

KIMG1106.jpg.dda637c9f1837e3886f6c4e50107aba5.jpg

KIMG1107.jpg.df2a9669c38314f7601bbdd4f6cf7451.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Are those stock style hose fittings or did you use adapters to bring it up to newer fittings? Looks really good.

• Thanks 1

JPWH

They are standard jic fittings. I took the original fittings to a hydraulic shop and purchased the 2 port sizes I needed then had the hoses made to custom length.

Edited by JPWH
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Very cool Jay! Now is this one going to get done up all nice and pretty or is it going to stay in work clothes, or a little both?. 

• Like 1

JPWH

Thanks Richie. It will be torn down to the frame, transmission opened and inspection, new seals and anything else needed and new clothes. Still will be a worker.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Trying to come up with something we could do here for a "central florida meet n greet". Just wouldnt want a couple guys to show up and stand around sweating. I have plenty of wheelhorse stuff to play with, chop on and weld. The cogs are turning.:thumbs:

• Like 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, JPWH said:

Drove it to the backyard

The "12" lives!    :woohoo:

• Like 1

JPWH

A short walk around video.

https://youtu.be/u8HpLrkUEOU

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

JPWH

I filled the hydraulic system to test it. Everything works but it is a little slower than I would like. I used a larger pump pulley than I had before so I will change that first and see if it helps. Also wired and installed the high / low light switch. I must say i like the option.

This will complete the modifications. Thanks for following along.

Jay

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Great Horselogo.jpg.dc1cc692184e82f6ae6e7ab1e84934a7.jpg work...congrats Jay.  :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 1

Pullstart

What an awesome build!  I am glad I read Kelly’s block identifying thread again, that lead me to finding this build, which I then binge-read!  I hope all is well @JPWH, looking forward to seeing more progress!

• Like 3

JPWH

Thanks @pullstart all is well just been too busy to have any tractor time. I have been working on my metal lathe so I can make parts for my tractor projects. Too much windshield time for work right now to get much shop time.

Jay

• Like 2

JPWH

It has been almost three years and now I am about to get back on this project. I have added on to my shop and have organized everything to gain more room to work. The final project is adding a small closed in lean to for my 2 air compressors and install pipe to three locations in the shop. I have about 2 days work to finish this project then back to tractor work.

Jay

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Glad to see you back in action Jay!

• Like 1

953 nut
On 10/18/2018 at 6:11 AM, JPWH said:

been working on my metal lathe

:angry-tappingfoot:     So,      it has been two years,        how are you doing with that lathe?

1243611840_welcomeback.jpg.e39308869a2b0f792b8798cd477a7834.jpg

• Like 1

JPWH

Hey Dick, I have it set up pretty well to suite my needs at the moment. I found out my eyes aren't as good as they used to be so I built a frame and installed LED strips to light up the lathe. After some tooling purchases along the way I have been able to make whatever I need so far and even make some parts for my son so he can keep customers going when parts are NLA. 

Jay

KIMG0056.JPG.83105a1f113af3898da881ce50512436.JPG

This is the metal storage that is to the right of the lathe.

KIMG0134.JPG.89bbea7185e43d1eebc413766cf4a304.JPG

• Like 4

JPWH

My wife and I were coming home Friday from getting the sutures removed from my arm and seen an Estate Sale sign. 

I'm always looking for old tools and such so we decided to take a look. I found a twin to the one I have.

Now I can build a tandem disc.

KIMG0194.JPG.25719f88ef7c21c02eb5b28419f165c2.JPG

• Like 3

JPWH

I have made a little progress on the air compressor lean to. I have the siding on. I made up a jig to keep everything square and tacked welded two door frames together.

KIMG0205.JPG.bf098e79d51f1a53af67109d742239f7.JPGKIMG0211.JPG.f6297c081dff674e18b1a313fa0b60cf.JPG KIMG0212.JPG.55864e89b08a2d18da6fbd82e9b47226.JPG 

• Like 2

JPWH

Finally finished the compressor lean to.

KIMG0295.JPG.a8e41c7d22010e9e2ea12511fa826ed5.JPG

Now I have another project I'm working on so I can finish the  restore of an old glider swing that belonged to my wife's parents and for tractor implements and such.

KIMG0332.JPG.fbe17ba2b24c6cd5b6aa956e4ec63f4f.JPG

• Like 1