Sign in to follow this  
grine_22

Homemade ripping tool.

grine_22

Made a tool to help loosen up the garden in the spring and fall. Ordered an electric actuator that I saw on a different idea. Next step is testing it out to see how it works. The "3 point" is bolted on top of the rear axle to the attach a matic and seems sturdy, enough it lifts the tractor off the ground.

IMG_20170402_140534.jpg

IMG_20170402_140026.jpg

• Like 5

Tankman

Looks super! Update us after your Stallion does the ja......ja......job!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup: Awesome...

like to see a video of it in action. 

grine_22

No vids yet.  Wiring needs done. Dunno if I want something permanent or that I can unplug and go. Tested it out, found couple things, 1 the grounds wet but I think i need more weight it starts spinning when I get 2 inches deep, 2 see if weight helps or remove a time or 2 and just make more passes. 

Cylinder shouldn't have a problem with pushing to dig and everything's just bolted in place for testing right now. But need to either load the tires or add weights to the rear end somehow to help give me better traction

KIMG0409.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

Can't go wrong with fluid filling the tires and wheel weights both plus a set up front, all 3 with my 520H, Jeff.

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG1937.jpg

• Like 2

grine_22
23 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Can't go wrong with fluid filling the tires and wheel weights both plus a set up front, all 3 with my 520H, Jeff.

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG1937.jpg

When I got the tractor from the old lady's grandpa he had concrete weights in the tires, might need to put them back on. I'll sleep on things a night or 2. I now know the cylinder will hold up better than I expected though so that's a plus. 

• Like 1

ericj
6 hours ago, grine_22 said:

No vids yet.  Wiring needs done. Dunno if I want something permanent or that I can unplug and go. Tested it out, found couple things, 1 the grounds wet but I think i need more weight it starts spinning when I get 2 inches deep, 2 see if weight helps or remove a time or 2 and just make more passes. 

Cylinder shouldn't have a problem with pushing to dig and everything's just bolted in place for testing right now. But need to either load the tires or add weights to the rear end somehow to help give me better traction

KIMG0409.jpg

tire change made easy :ROTF:

eric j

• Like 2