Mthrtrkr

Dog house buy

953 nut
3 minutes ago, Mthrtrkr said:

I traded a little Craftsman rear engine rider for it

One went out, one came in, you shouldn't be in the dog house for that.    :text-bravo:

• Like 5

Mthrtrkr

That was my way of thinking

SPINJIM

Great horse trading.  The 418-A is my favorite of my herd.  You'd be crazy to turn down that opportunity. 

Jim

• Like 1

wildman
23 minutes ago, Mthrtrkr said:

The war department said the b 80 was the last but I just couldn't let this one go. It has definitely put me in the dog house. The lady I got it from, got it from the original owner about a year ago. She said it was too big for her now and was looking for a smaller one. So I traded a little Craftsman rear engine rider for it. Who the hell would pass that up. 

IMG_20170401_170423.jpg

Not me ! Good grab

After you get your hands on fifty of these rigs the dog house isn't so bad after all

• Like 2

AMC RULES

You definitely came out on top in that :wh: deal.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mthrtrkr

The lady I got it from said that the lady SHE got it from has the blade and wheel weights as well. 

So far out here going through it I can tell it hasn't seen water in years. I've cleaned an inch of caked on debris out just around the carb/intake alone. They've removed all the heat shields and muffler guard but it all came with the tractor. The hydro gears seem to be in good working order and the hydro deck lift if pretty snappy too. The battery tower that the hood rests on seems to be missing something or the hood is twisted because it hangs to low over the dash...The tie rods will need to be replaced at some point as well....All in all though seems to be in decent shape.

• Like 4

Red144runner

When I was little, always heard my dad talking about the "war dept". I thought he was saying "water dept" which made even less sense but I never asked, whatever he meant I knew this "department" was bad. Then I got married and i figured it out.

Awesome tractor get some more pictures 

Edited by Red144runner
  • Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

A smart buy, good move. Looks sweet.

Glenn

Retired Wrencher
Spoiler

Mthrtrkr    It will both pay you back some day. Good move.

rmaynard

I like the idea of a trade. Makes dealing with the "war department" easier. In your case I'd just say "one in, one out. What's the problem?"

• Like 1

wallfish

I'd like to trade my "war dept" in for a new model.

model.jpg.9a696862a159f77ad7516948746ee45b.jpg

• Like 5

rmaynard
2 hours ago, wallfish said:

I'd like to trade my "war dept" in for a new model.

model.jpg.9a696862a159f77ad7516948746ee45b.jpg

Is that what you are trading or trading for?

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON
45 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Is that what you are trading or trading for?

@rmaynard you nor @wallfish could afford that model and year.

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

I traded up in the "war dept" for the third and "final", time this one actually "let" me go on a :wh: buying spree last year (4 ,2 520s a Dxi and 520xi) without too much fuss, then a new SCUT this year, they're out there sometimes you have to keep looking like I did, either that or compromise for every pair of shoes or hand bag there's a :wh: waiting to come home :ROTF:, Jeff.

• Like 2

953 nut

Change the gender and this seems appropriate here!

THE PERFECT MAN

A man walks out to the street and catches a taxi just going by. He gets into the taxi, and the cabbie says, "Perfect timing. You're just like Frank."

Passenger:  "Who?"

Cabbie: "Frank Feldman. He's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happened like that to Frank Feldman every single time."

Passenger: "There are always a few clouds over everybody."

Cabbie: "Not Frank Feldman. He was a terrific athlete. He could have won the Grand-Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and  danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano. He was an amazing guy."

Passenger: "Sounds like he was really something special."

Cabbie: "There's more. He had a memory like a computer. He remembered everybody's birthday.  He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Not like me. I change a fuse, and the whole street blacks out. But Frank Feldman could do everything right.”
Passenger: "Wow, what a guy!"

Cabbie: 'He always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like  me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Frank, he never made a mistake, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good.  He would never answer her back even if she was in the wrong; and his clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too. He was the perfect man!  He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Frank Feldman."

Passenger: "How did you meet him?"

Cabbie: "I never actually met Frank. He died and I married his wife."
  • Like 3

Ken B

War Dept. should understand that nothing was added, one left and another took its place... That is one hell of a trade you made.

• Like 1

elliot ness

Great trade, nice wheel horse you got there sir. Looks to me like you won that War.:text-bravo:

608KEB

I can buy any Wheel Horse I want. If I can afford it. I'm in peace time. And I'll never go back to the war dept:bitch:. again! Besides there's plenty of army issue used  Humvees out there that I can rent for the weekend!:P

• Like 3

formariz
On 4/2/2017 at 7:06 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

either that or compromise for every pair of shoes or hand bag there's a :wh: waiting to come home

I only wish that could manage that compromise over here  not only in the quantity,  but also the cost departement. I could tell you a few things about shoes and bags but Imelda here may start reading my posts and there is no space to sleep in between my 10 miserly tractors.

• Like 3

19richie66

I have two 418-A's and a 417-A. Great machines. Wouldn't trade them.