Wishin4a416

Springs Rains r here

Wishin4a416

Been raining hard off and on for 2 days. There is a little creek under there somewhere. No mowing this weekend.

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

• Like 7

WHX??

That's a gully washer...looks like it greened up nice there tho! :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Same here Jack.     I am sure glad I rebuilt the breakers and cleaned the ditches while cleaning up PennDOTs  winter remains earlier this week.

So far it has saved my stone road from washing out.  

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Jack, same here today and part of tomorrow. Right after I had 8 yards of topsoil put in and seeded to. Grrrrrrrrrrr. The seeds are like little boats going down the hill. Lol  

Glenn

briankd

yep it a monsoon here not ready yet to mow but the grass is growing crazy stupid. usually around mothers day i mow first time not this year going to be a lot sooner

Edited by briankd
  • Like 2

19richie66

I mowed my yard one last time for the winter two weeks ago, which also was the first time mowing for the spring :laughing-rolling:  Now we are under a "drought" burn ban till we get some rain. Florida is feast or famine on raindrops.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

953 nut

We had a very welcome gully washer last night, we too are still in drought which began last May, but things are looking up. The mild winter and early Spring has Mother Nature all discombobulated, couldn't believe my eyes today, my tulips are beginning to bloom! 

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
43 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Jack, same here today and part of tomorrow. Right after I had 8 yards of topsoil put in and seeded to. Grrrrrrrrrrr. The seeds are like little boats going down the hill. Lol  

Glenn

I was going to "like" your post Glenn,  but that just didn't seem right.    Sorry for your top soil.. and that seed isn't cheap either.  :(

• Like 2

WHX??

Glenn Glenn Glenn ...have we not taught you nothing? !?! Late summer it the best time to reseed. ...unless mother nature throws a boomerang at ya ....then yer on yer own! :lol: Did you lay a good cover of hay or straw down to keep it from washing?

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I was going to "like" your post Glenn,  but that just didn't seem right.    Sorry for your top soil.. and that seed isn't cheap either.  :(

That's OK, it was my landscaper correcting a disaster from last year which I had done, he didn't put a hay cover down, so, he will be back.

Last year's top soil was more sand than soil. Lol Hey will be back next week to do it over till we get it right. Nice rich looking soil he put down to. Have to get this home sold. 

Glenn

20170330_162939.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 3