BOB ELLISON

314-8 electric lift

BOB ELLISON

Ok I have researched Tachometers for C160 and mine is working just fine still.

Now that I have a 2000 314-8 I will research electric lifts for it. Question 

has any one made there own out of a actuator purchased on the Internet ? 

I need a 84225 for my tractor but there NLA. Does anyone know what I would need to make my own. Do I need a different side cover ? I have a diagram of it but I don't know what came in the box new. I'm getting to old to pull the lift handle plowing. Grass cutting is no problem but I do have my c160 for snow and it's a hydro. I have 1 more project the 1054 that I want to finish this year then that will be it for me. My lungs won't let me do what my mind think it can do. Age is hard on a man and at almost 69 I will call it quits  on putting in a lot of time working on my hurd. 

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@BOB ELLISON Bob I purchased an electric actuator and use it to lift my rear hitch. If I remember correctly it cost about $80.00 and is rated for 700 lbs. I never thought about using one to lift a snow blade , but plan on using a 12 volt winch ( sold by HF) to lift my snow/dirt blade. I plan on using a long link for downward pressure. I saw a winch on the front of @SALTYWRIGHT tractors and it gave me the idea. The plans are in my head and keep changing every time I clean my ears :ROTF:. If I get my plans finalized I send some drawing your way.  

• Like 1

Jerry77
49 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

what my mind think it can do

Yeah, I'm 77 and my mind keeps making promises my body can't keep..  hang in there buddy...:laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

aHorseofCourse

The original actuator is very heavy duty and only a 2" stroke, which is hard to find.  I believe warner electric still makes it but it's very expensive.  I was searching the internet for an aftermarket one and never could find one with the same specs.  I finally lucked out and found a factory electric lift kit on eBay.  There are a lot of parts to make a complete kit.  You could also go with a complete custom front winch lift.

Heres my factory kit

IMG_1069.thumb.JPG.88248332540bcd3bb28da3701121c7f1.JPG

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON
31 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@BOB ELLISON Bob I purchased an electric actuator and use it to lift my rear hitch. If I remember correctly it cost about $80.00 and is rated for 700 lbs. I never thought about using one to lift a snow blade , but plan on using a 12 volt winch ( sold by HF) to lift my snow/dirt blade. I plan on using a long link for downward pressure. I saw a winch on the front of @SALTYWRIGHT tractors and it gave me the idea. The plans are in my head and keep changing every time I clean my ears :ROTF:. If I get my plans finalized I send some drawing your way.  

I would like to make one like the one that came as a option on 312 and 315 to lift the mower deck. I like the winch idea but it won't lift the deck

3 minutes ago, aHorseofCourse said:

The original actuator is very heavy duty and only a 2" stroke, which is hard to find.  I believe warner electric still makes it but it's very expensive.  I was searching the internet for an aftermarket one and never could find one with the same specs.  I finally lucked out and found a factory electric lift kit on eBay.  There are a lot of parts to make a complete kit.  You could also go with a complete custom front winch lift.

Heres my factory kit

IMG_1069.thumb.JPG.88248332540bcd3bb28da3701121c7f1.JPG

That's what I was looking for thank you.

There's a lot more then l thought maybe I can find someone with all that for sale

But if not I will make one I just got to find that actuator. 

elcamino/wheelhorse

If you search Electric Actuators on Amazon ( I hope I did not mess up naming a vendor) , there are all types of electric actuators  sold by many different manufactures in lengths as small as 2 inches. That is how I found my unit. I know N.Tools sells the actuators also. I think @richmondred01 sold a complete unit some time also. You may want to check with him to see if he has one.

• Like 1

aHorseofCourse

The pedal and bell crank (L shaped thing that the attachments hook to) are the same as stock.  Everything else can be made.  The side cover is wider to accommodate the actuator and the clutch rod had a different bend to it.  It's hard to find a complete kit.   The actuator is the issue.

• Like 1

aHorseofCourse

The original actuator is rated for 1200lbs I believe.

Edited by aHorseofCourse

BOB ELLISON
5 minutes ago, aHorseofCourse said:

The original actuator is rated for 1200lbs I believe.

That is really heavy duty. I did find one that's rated at 2000 lbs for  $300.00 but the lift is  .24 inches per second but your only going 2" stroke not to bad.

I'll post what I find

• Like 1

aHorseofCourse
10 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

That is really heavy duty. I did find one that's rated at 2000 lbs for  $300.00 but the lift is  .24 inches per second but your only going 2" stroke not to bad.

I'll post what I find

That sounds about right, it takes about 2-3 seconds for a full travel on mine.  Let me know if you need any pictures or dimensions.

Heres my build and instal of the lift

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

@aHorseofCourse I read that post but the  electric lift didn't click. I have only seen 1 or 2 electric lifts for sale anywhere.  I did read about someone getting a lift with a 4 inch stroke and it was to long . Came off a 500 series I believe. I read a lot of posts on RedSquare about everyday. If I don't find one before the big show I'll try to go and look there. I really want to go and meet all the guys.

• Like 2

aHorseofCourse

Yes I remember seeing that thread with the 4" actuator.  It was too long so he fabricated a larger bracket to accommodate the stroke.  I am looking forward to the show as well, it will be my first time.  I'm just afraid I'll spend too much money on :wh: parts!  :D

BOB ELLISON
5 minutes ago, aHorseofCourse said:

Yes I remember seeing that thread with the 4" actuator.  It was too long so he fabricated a larger bracket to accommodate the stroke.  I am looking forward to the show as well, it will be my first time.  I'm just afraid I'll spend too much money on :wh: parts!  :D

ME TOO