Ed Kennell

Spring is coming to S C Pa.

squonk

I started cleaning the DOT mess yesterday but I used a Stihl Power Broom. IT'S OVER!! :)

• Like 5

953 nut
19 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

loaded the 520 snow chucker and took him to the winter storage barn

Image result for bad karma    Now everyone knows who to blame when the big April snow hits!   :ychain:

• Like 8

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Not here it ain't  Cold, around 33 and windy and miserable out. 'posed to turn to sleet/snow later but thankfully no accumulation! Forecast is better for the weekend tho so hopefully channel 27 is right!

Must be warm out there  Ed ...on the eagle channel I saw flies bothering the eagle food. No sign of spring like that here yet save for the occasional lost robin! :)

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 5

stevasaurus

Hey Ed...you have my front yard in the back of that trailer...give it back!!!  :)

• Like 7

WHX??

Idea here Ed.... make some rubber paddles or sweeps for that tiller and throw that rake away! :lol:

• Like 4

can whlvr

we just got 2 inches of snow in one hour:no:

• Like 5

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, WHX9 said:

:text-yeahthat:Not here it ain't  Cold, around 33 and windy and miserable out. 'posed to turn to sleet/snow later but thankfully no accumulation! Forecast is better for the weekend tho so hopefully channel 27 is right!

Must be warm out there  Ed ...on the eagle channel I saw flies bothering the eagle food. No sign of spring like that here yet save for the occasional lost robin! :)

Yeah Jim,  we had a few 60-70 days, but it turned cold today with 2" of rain forecast for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

Hey Ed...you have my front yard in the back of that trailer...give it back!!!  :)

I still have it Steve...and we deliver...to the SHOW.

1 hour ago, WHX9 said:

Idea here Ed.... make some rubber paddles or sweeps for that tiller and throw that rake away! :lol:

:confusion-confused:    Now Jim, don't get me thinking again.

14 minutes ago, can whlvr said:

we just got 2 inches of snow in one hour:no:

If I lived up there Don,  the snow chucker and snow blade would be ready year round.

• Like 3

953 nut

58dd916f554c5_Diewinterdie.jpg.72ceb1701433664cce759ea7f213f6e4.jpg

• Like 9

WHX??

Didn't we see that last year 953.....Don't remember  did it work?!!:)

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

I put my Snow machines in moth balls last evening Ed. Grass machines came out. Grass is coming fast now.

• Like 4

953 nut
8 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Didn't we see that last year 953.....Don't remember  did it work?!!:)

This is my third year of using it; works every time, just takes a few more weeks to take affect!     :ychain:

• Like 3

WHX??

What planet you livin on Jack @Wishin4a416..... grass is dead brown here yet! Ok I will pull the blowers off this weekend and on go the tillers. Ed if your wrong I will be po'ed!. I see in the garden section the guys are prepping beds already so that gives hope! This weather aside this is a favorite time of year.... hopefully that "warm" rain we like will be here soon but I still believe that April showers bring May flowers!:P

• Like 3

HorseFixer

GO ED GO!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  It got to a BALMY 46 here today! :no: I am so sick of WINTER!

• Like 3

squonk

Don't care about no snow. Chiller's going online Apr. 7th. Come hell or 2 feet of snow! :banana-wrench:

12 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Looks like you could make a couple of good Sasquatch costumes for Halloween out of that pile! :banana-gotpics:

• Like 2

elliot ness

Looks like you had a great crew of W/H's helping you,:text-bravo: I really like the front mount Tiller, did you make that tiller?:text-goodpost:

• Like 1

AMC RULES
10 hours ago, 953 nut said:

58dd916f554c5_Diewinterdie.jpg.72ceb1701433664cce759ea7f213f6e4.jpg

:text-yeahthat:  :text-goodpost:  :text-+1:

We thankfully, woke up to all rain here this morning...

but, the sentiment remains the same.   :lol:

Related image

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

ohiofarmer

Yard has already been mowed and rolled in one operation. I am gonna roll it again 90 degrees to the first rolling after the rainfall dries a bit. Some areas of the yard did not need mowing at all, but maybe 20% of the yard was due for the first cutting and now there will be no excess grass left behind next week at the first "real cutting"

I had one area of the yard that was slow growing as compared to the rest and I came to the conclusion that it was due to lack of leaf litter. Last fall, I gathered leaves by the trailer load from a rental property and ground them up on the short thin grass area at home. The grass from leaf fertilizer is a natural green and does not have that fake looking blue fertilizer tint when mowed. I suppose that there could be a case made for adding [lime, maybe] to balance the effects of the rotting leaves on soil PH, but i will leave that to someone with more knowledge

I hate to trailer mowers around just to cut rental house yards, so stealing those leaves will keep the rental property yard from growing so fast. The best leaves by far for nitrogen content are mulberry. Green and lush grass happens with mulberry like you cannot believe after a couple of years of mowing/grinding them into the soil.

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

It's been spring all winter here in Tennessee! lol I don't miss that snow for nothing, don't even miss the clean up..

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:text-yeahthat:  :text-goodpost:  :text-+1:

We thankfully, woke up to all rain here this morning...

but, the sentiment remains the same.   :lol:

Related image

I also look forward to the new life that comes with Spring, but you guys shouldn't be so hard on Ole Man Winter.

He offers some advantages also...seat time on the snow blower,  peaceful walks on the snow shoes, and I know Craig looks forward to using his Lil Yellow Scraper.

Living here near the Mason-Dixon Line, we don't have the extreme weather you guys to the far North and the deep South probably experience. 

I actually enjoy all the seasons and the opportunities they offer, but I will admit, Spring and Fall are my favorites.

3 hours ago, elliot ness said:

Looks like you had a great crew of W/H's helping you,:text-bravo: I really like the front mount Tiller, did you make that tiller?:text-goodpost:

Yes Elliot,, I like to have a WH for every task.      I created Mad Max the Tiller several years back from a walk behind with a blown engine.

I must give some credit to John, @wallfish, as I was inspired  by some of his creations from recycled parts.    Here is the link to the tiller build.

14 hours ago, Wishin4a416 said:

I put my Snow machines in moth balls last evening Ed. Grass machines came out. Grass is coming fast now.

Yeah Jack,  While I was in town to deliver the 520 snow machine and pick up my mowers, I mowed my MIL's yard.  Maintaining her property in town is a small price to pay for the use of her large garage where I store all my seasonal horses, boats, and campers.    

After todays rain,  it will be roller time and with a day or two of sun, it will be mowing season.

Hang on all you Northern guys......I guarantee "Spring is Coming"

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Yes sir, winter is over. Now on to the next seasons work.

Glenn

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Put a battery in and filled the Raiders fuel tank.  It took a little cranking , but he fired right up and was ready to work.   

I like my hydros, but for the roller duty, I prefer the gear drive.    They don't increase speed like the hydros when you have a load pushing down hill.

The humps flattened out pretty well after the 2" rain yesterday.

IMG_7290.thumb.JPG.075a228137a245db0afcdb3d5073a220.JPGIMG_7291.thumb.JPG.3c12b4f055aa2c84dab0a90857044004.JPG

• Like 2