WHX??

Outrageous Z Turn

Achto

That thing looks cool!  B)  I wonder what those tracks do to the lawn when you do a 180 at the end of a pass?

• Like 2

DennisThornton

We're a Central Boiler dealer & have considered becoming an Altoz dealer as well.  Central Boiler gave one away at their last dealer conversation.  Oddly an Amish gent won it and his faith didn't allow power tools and declined it passing it on to the next drawing! 

The tracks are for wet areas where you just couldn't mow with anything else. Not really meant for high speed Z-turn mowing. I've sat on that one but I've never ride one.  Word is they are fast! 

• Like 2

WHX??

http://altoz.com/products/trx/ check out the MSRP!!!! :jaw:

Thinkin we could ski behind that Dan!

I think it's more for rough cutting... for that kind of coin you could get a 4wd compact with a brush hog AND a FEL!

• Like 2

ACman

Believe me... I thought about that long ago  :angry-cussingblack: ! I bet it's great on hillsides , going up hills and soft ground with that footprint . The thing that comes to mind is how bad it will tear up the grass on the turns . I've driven almost every configuration that's out there before my accident and not one of them doesn't leave their mark on a quick turnaround . I'd like to see the HOLE that one leaves with 37 very thirsty horses on top of it . Don't get me wrong it's one :wicked:  looking mower and would love to try it...But like you said not to pay for it !

I've been trying to reply since you first posted but for some reason it wouldn't go through till now :wacko: .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

WHX??
4 minutes ago, ACman said:

for some reason it wouldn't go through till now

Because you let your support status expire?? :ychain:

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
20 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

We're a Central Boiler dealer & have considered becoming an Altoz dealer as well.  Central Boiler gave one away at their last dealer conversation.  Oddly an Amish gent won it and his faith didn't allow power tools and declined it passing it on to the next drawing! 

The tracks are for wet areas where you just couldn't mow with anything else. Not really meant for high speed Z-turn mowing. I've sat on that one but I've never ride one.  Word is they are fast! 

Small world. I have a Central Boiler pellet/corn boiler

Achto
21 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

It looks fast enough to keep a skier on top of any water.:D

• Like 2

ACman

I know...I know :blink: !

It's been one crazy week and I mean crazzzzy ! I'll get it done soon :handgestures-thumbupright: .

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
4 hours ago, WHX9 said:

http://altoz.com/products/trx/ check out the MSRP!!!! :jaw:

I think it's more for rough cutting... for that kind of coin you could get a 4wd compact with a brush hog AND a FEL!

Yes sir I know you can, 22hp diesel 4wd FEL, 60"MMM, and 62" front snow/dozer blade, with enough left over to get a rear blade to boot, well I got everything but the  F/RR blades for under$15k, Jeff.

• Like 2

DennisThornton
5 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Small world. I have a Central Boiler pellet/corn boiler

M250 or M175?

Pretty sure it's targeting the very peak of the Z-turn market and will not be in everyone's budget but rather those who make a living cutting LOTS of grass & raking in lots of green.

WHX??
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

will not be in everyone's budget

You mean I will never be able to afford a rig with a  heated & cooled adult beverage holder!?!?:lol:

ohiofarmer

M250, Dennis Bought it from Classic Comfort in Greenville from. Dave Kruckeberg.

He stocks the mowers, but I have not seen that Hogan's heroes German Half Track model [yet]

• Like 2

DennisThornton

I'll take a look at Classic Comfort.  I'm curious how he's doing with the Altoz. 

And I've got to check the beverage cooler.  Didn't know about that☺️

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It's kinda funny that now after all the years we need 33-37 hp gas engines to mow grass with ,when :wh: and Cub Cadet ect used 7-16hp singles and 14-20hp twins with up to 60" decks and still get the job done just a bit slower and my new Mahindra only has 22hp(diesel) to run a 60" deck with a top transport speed of 10-11mph, just amazes me that everything has to be done faster these days, I understand a lawn service faster equals more profits but in the end it just mows grass and can't be garden tiller or snow thrower/pusher driveway maintainer or firewood tugger, oh well "progess" they call it I guess.... and now I digress, just an old hillbilly doing things the old way, Jeff.

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Hey, Grandpa mowed with a reel mower!  But I agree. My C-8Xs mowed 36" just fine & I bet they would have handled 42" if I didn't let the grass grow too tall.  But today bigger & more is better, though I love how my C-8Xs sip fuel. 

• Like 1