ohiofarmer

Mowed first time already

ohiofarmer

My yard was unusually lumpy and in addition,some moles cut a streak through at several places. I have never had a mole do this until July or so and they usually leave very quickly.. Maybe I will have to trap them this year.I was also surprised how long the grass was in places. So I put the little beast in high range first gear and it mowed and pulled the roller without much effort

Nice to hear the 241 Kohler purring along once again. I just finished installing the headlights properly behind a nice thick sheet if Plexiglas and they look pretty good

So OK guys, time to post when you first unleash the mighty herd upon your yard

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 2

benji756

We want pictures!!!

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

I must say that I am a bit concerned those bearings on the yard roller may not be up to the task as they are so undersize :P

The lights are just 8 dollar LED that I picked up at Rural King. The Plexi lens cover is some quarter inch that i had lying about

061.jpg

062.jpg

• Like 7

ol550

Bearings may be a bit undersized, just keep them greased so they don't overheat.

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Ditto! 

I like the headlights! 

ohiofarmer

You guys get meB)

That roller came from a gravel pit materials belt drive system to move crushed stone from point a to point B, so yeah.it has grease zerks:rolleyes: and I just hope it holds up against my hard use:rolleyes:.. It is so heavy that it really does not need to be filled with water, but that option is always there...............

stevasaurus

I have to say Ohiofarmer, that in the middle of March...your yard is just disgusting.  Where is the white stuff??  Don't tell me that it is time to take off the blade and put the mower on already.  I am not ready to take the horse out and just keep turning left yet.  :)   :banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Nice and green there too. We have big problems with moles here to lately.

WVHillbilly520H

Yep greening up here as well, already mowed wild onion/garlic tops off (since they're growing liking crazy since fall) with the eMax not long after I got it home and the 520xi Wednesday, and the moles have taken over since last spring and flat rolling doesn't seem to help next will be renting a spike tooth drum aerator/roller or getting the boy to camp out with the shotgun, Jeff.