HorseFixer

ARK 500 LOADER REBUILD ON A 522XI

HorseFixer

Very Good thank you!. The reason why I ask these dimensions is because I will use the drawing of the Subframe to make one for my loader. Just to make sure mine fits properly I will make mine 35" between the uprights. That should clear the footrests. The height of the uprights of mine will determine how high the raised platforms are that support the uprights. I have looked all over the drawing and for the life of me I don't see the dimension that I asked for in the drawing  below. After I measure my uprights I will adjust the Dimension accordingly.  Thanks ~Duke

SUBFRAME2.thumb.jpg.deb2f573f3d3efdebdfa95e7aabdabab.jpg

• Like 1

Snowmobileaddict

Ah,

A little bit of math based on the dimensions on the opposite side of the subframe will get you to that dimension....

(Overall Height 10.18" minus Sideplate 1.74" minus Crossbar Height 2.5") = 5.94"  Subtract the 1/4" thickness of the bottom plate of mounting bracket to arrive at the dimension you were looking for:

5-11/16" or 5.6875'"

Another Annotated Photo / Cheat Sheet For You:

A=4 1/2
B=5 1/8
C=12 7/8 (measured to the cross bar)  The gusset between the longitudinal frame and the cross bar is 1/4 inch thk.  There is one on either side (front and back) of the crossbar (total of 4)
D=8 3/16
E=2 1/2

The crossbar is 2 1/2" x 2/12" @ 1/4" wall
The "risers" are 4"x2-1/2" @ 1/4" wall

Wc3QOWDLqyS9N8WIUWSf-9rL0mnEaJoDKaH1Na2A

Also,  the "spread" on my subframe is 33.75" 

That allows for about 1" to 1.5" of clearance to the footrests on the tractor.  You can get an idea of that clearance, in the photo below.

EZRIzUWWlSovbd3G2zf5pdrj_t4Gph-wYWhODQNz

Edited by Snowmobileaddict
  • Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

Duke I'm sure you're going to do superb job on this project as well as the ones before, just thought you'd like know there is a NOS never sold 522xi setting in the basement at my old Dealer in WV, I would've done snagged had it not being he still wants what he paid for back in 2000 $5900 with only a 48" deck, just has demonstrator hours on it, Jeff.

IMAG1742.jpg

IMAG1739.jpg

• Like 3

HorseFixer
2 hours ago, Snowmobileaddict said:

Ah,

A little bit of math based on the dimensions on the opposite side of the subframe will get you to that dimension....

(Overall Height 10.18" minus Sideplate 1.74" minus Crossbar Height 2.5") = 5.94"  Subtract the 1/4" thickness of the bottom plate of mounting bracket to arrive at the dimension you were looking for:

5-11/16" or 5.6875'"

2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Duke I'm sure you're going to do superb job on this project as well as the ones before, just thought you'd like know there is a NOS never sold 522xi setting in the basement at my old Dealer in WV, I would've done snagged had it not being he still wants what he paid for back in 2000 $5900 with only a 48" deck, just has demonstrator hours on it, Jeff.

Andy thank for the measurements!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jeff, you tell that dealer friend of yours there is a Horse Ranch you know of in MICHIGAN that takes all NEGLECTED HORSES :deadhorse:  that sit in DARK DREARY BASEMENTS. and this Horse Ranch gives them so much Love that they feel like they are in HORSE HEAVEN. :text-yeahthat:  You tell him he should be ASHAMED OF HIMSELF  :angry-tappingfoot:  and he should ship that Horse to THE DUKE'S HORSE RANCH and we will give it the love and attention it deserves!  ;)    

• Like 1

HorseFixer

This Morning I worked on the two Uprights and Cut and ground the Boogers off of them. I will next start going over all of the weld joints on all of the uprights and arms, I have to get into the Bucket Next and something I didn't mention is I need to cut the bucket down from 48" wide to 43" Wide to allow it to go thru the Stable Doors where it will be stored. Plus having to relocate the arm outwards 2 1/2" outwards between the two this is a bunch of work. But as they say it is what it is!  :whistle: Let the Sparks Fly!

DSCN9892.thumb.JPG.b2fbb1ce083f88fffcdd5646ee4f81e9.JPG

DSCN9894.thumb.JPG.9081db6033947dc1010542160b58a96a.JPG

DUKE2.thumb.jpg.fd9e7be0caf53d317bf13e61983c8d0f.jpg

58e2a14a808f2_DUKEGRIND.thumb.jpg.9609b31bc33a9d7480a73ecef0812451.jpg

DSCN9895.thumb.JPG.14c75c239b421149170e6b2afc8e08a8.JPG

DSCN9896.thumb.JPG.0b9ee6e8a8f4e4765f24c35d138c241a.JPG

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, HorseFixer said:

Andy thank for the measurements!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jeff, you tell that dealer friend of yours there is a Horse Ranch you know of in MICHIGAN that takes all NEGLECTED HORSES :deadhorse:  that sit in DARK DREARY BASEMENTS. and this Horse Ranch gives them so much Love that they feel like they are in HORSE HEAVEN. :text-yeahthat:  You tell him he should be ASHAMED OF HIMSELF  :angry-tappingfoot:  and he should ship that Horse to THE DUKE'S HORSE RANCH and we will give it the love and attention it deserves!  ;)    

When I was living in WV and had my first place I was honestly only a short walk to him and that's where I bought my Anniversary 520 new so I have kept in touch even after I moved ,and yes I have told him that for a couple years now that it would be better cared for on my 3 acre homestead, but alas I can't convince the missus to let me jump on it at $5900 even if it's "brand new unused", so I doubled it and went got the Mahindra eMax with a 7 year warranty, Jeff.   His home and shop pic.

Screenshot_2016-02-04-13-00-05_1.jpg

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair
On 3/30/2017 at 0:36 AM, Dennys502 said:

I have 523dxi with a Kwik Way loader. If you need any info just let me know - The pump mounts in a mule drive and is driven off the pto.I can get you dimensions if you want to build your own.

Is that a factory pump mount, or something fabricated? I would love to see how they did it from the factory.

• Like 1

Dennys502

It is a factory pump and mount. I will get some pics for you tomorrow as its still buried in storage.

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair
8 hours ago, Snowmobileaddict said:

Subframe.jpg_zpstkrk8uv8.png

21 hours ago, HorseFixer said:

Well since talking to Snowmpbileaddict Andy on the forums here finding out that this loader will need to be widened to fit the 5XI Tractor. This afternoon I went to work and finished getting the Loader taken apart. After that was completed, I dove right in and cut out the crossmember behind the bucket in order to widen the stance of the loader. I will find another piece of steel 5" wider when I get ready to weld. And Speaking of welding someone along the way has really done a couple numbers on this baby over the years. And the FACTORY WELDS look like ELMER FUDD has been here!  :scared-eek:  The Welds are COLD WELDS and don't lay down and are all humped up and look like Chicken CHIT! :angry-tappingfoot: So I have decided to go over all the welds completely, I just can stand them looking like this. Tomorrow I will grind the Tower arms  down where the old supports were and If I have time may get into removing the Bucket Brackets in order to move them out 2 1/2" on each side to match the new width needed. Here are some pics. 

DSCN9876.thumb.JPG.aa1330740619d31300e89408191f583c.JPG

DSCN9883.thumb.JPG.add0aa5d79c0f93e95c33f038d8940ab.JPG

I'm an absolute amateur welder, and mine aren't that bad. That is horrible

In the top picture, I had to adjust measurement C on the tractor, the pedal linkage underneath was really tight.

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

Snowmobileaddict
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

Is that a factory pump mount, or something fabricated? I would love to see how they did it from the factory.

Brian,

This is an honest to goodness Kwikway, factory pump mount for a 5Xi.  The photo was from an ebay listing I missed out on like 4 years ago...

HNvlp6ZYZode1n1i74TKTLJYMYI87qlKc9Cins0K

_xXPPzhQLOfDO8e_MSkVyvdcXBuSIIIOGoYqYXYW

I pretty much copied it and took some liberties at the CNC cutter to improve the look when I built mine (below) for my Kwikway-5Xi project

rekhc-bBEmycy88RiqGOJ5PqDM8MRGB3UpWeWYHo

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Andy, thanks for the Pictures and drawings! You add alot to this post in the way of knowledge and have helped me a bunch so far on my build so I thank you for that! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Another Member (Forest Road) came through for me  last night and is shipping me out today a Mule Drive that he had. Andy has been able to help me out so much with drawings and measurements but I have so much to do in this project for the menial cost I paid for that part it was well worth it to me. ANDY I called your BUCKET CONTACT at CTC L.L.C and they said $350.00 for the 43" wide Bucket and 175.00 to ship to South Bend Terminal SO $525.00 is a little to rich for me. So I have a probably about a weeks work in fabrication just to get the bucket straightened out Cut down to 43" Wide, Plus extend the mounts out yo widen the arm stance to 30" to 35"  :angry-tappingfoot:

I ran into a doosey yesterday. The right side tower that had been crappy welded on they had melted through that side and it is the tank side so I had to get the Tig Torch out and spend some time patching her up. Tig welding is very slow and tedious work. :bitch:

Today I will Fire up MR. MIG WELDER and start going over all the welds on the arms. And most likely look for some needed parts. I am in the hunt for a Delta D-21 Pump I am unsure how good my old pump is. I would hate to have to spend all this time and find out I have a bad component, After all the Hyd motor is the heart of the system besides that the pump I have I am unsure if it will fit where it is suppose to go because it is a older unit.  :whistle: 

58e3c773029d8_THANKSFOREST.jpg.c05af46f3138f6a88e13775ee5fe0a96.jpg

DSCN9896-2.jpg.75f53dd0bc5a047abfa9f95996640634.jpg

58e3cdcd10e2d_DUKETIG.thumb.jpg.04c34763b2d75b89191222a0954f5a94.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

Snowmobileaddict
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, HorseFixer said:

Andy, thanks for the Pictures and drawings! You add alot to this post in the way of knowledge and have helped me a bunch so far on my build so I thank you for that! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Another Member (Forest Road) came through for me  last night and is shipping me out today a Mule Drive that he had. Andy has been able to help me out so much with drawings and measurements but I have so much to do in this project for the menial cost I paid for that part it was well worth it to me. ANDY I called your BUCKET CONTACT at CTC L.L.C and they said $350.00 for the 43" wide Bucket and 175.00 to ship to South Bend Terminal SO $525.00 is a little to rich for me. So I have a probably about a weeks work in fabrication just to get the bucket straightened out Cut down to 43" Wide, Plus extend the mounts out yo widen the arm stance to 30" to 35"  :angry-tappingfoot:

I ran into a doosey yesterday. The right side tower that had been crappy welded on they had melted through that side and it is the tank side so I had to get the Tig Torch out and spend some time patching her up. Tig welding is very slow and tedious work. :bitch:

Today I will Fire up MR. MIG WELDER and start going over all the welds on the arms. And most likely look for some needed parts. I am in the hunt for a Delta D-21 Pump I am unsure how good my old pump is. I would hate to have to spend all this time and find out I have a bad component, After all the Hyd motor is the heart of the system besides that the pump I have I am unsure if it will fit where it is suppose to go because it is a older unit.  :whistle: 

ACT FAST!

This one ends in under 3 hours!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272403861916?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He'll probably relist it though.  The guy has like 2 left he's selling.  It is a PRIMO price too.

That is your pump!

Otherwise, you can get it here at a premium and no free ship:  https://www.hydraulicstore.com/index.php?loc=items_detail&data[catalog]=1&data[itemcode]=6104031

***The hydraulicstore.com and the ebay listing call it a DM21 hydraulic motor.  Don't worry about the nomenclature, this is a pump if you drive the shaft with a belt, and it is a motor if you supply high-pressure hydro oil to it.

The most important feature is that the output shaft is supported by a ball bearing.  You want that for any side-loaded, belt driven application.  Lesser pumps have simple plain bearings like on the crankshaft of a SBC.  These do not like to be side-loaded with a belt, and can wear out and start leaking in no time.

_6JDhcS5LnhttAs7cudVfCQQxRMvMsQXOKWO490p

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Thanks Andy you must have RADAR or something!  :whistle:  Last night I scoured Fleebay to no Avail!  I pulled the Trigger on that Pump and your right GREAT PRICE!  :woohoo:    Now find me a $200.00 Bucket to my door!  :ychain:

Edited by HorseFixer

HorseFixer

Well I followed my Mentors Lead and just ordered the correct Pulley to get the Job done!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

58e3d60acf50f_pumppulley_zpsrtfatj0s.thumb.jpg.1e9cde03c8f6bef1ad66b96d2930e3c9.jpg

• Like 1

Snowmobileaddict
27 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

Thanks Andy you must have RADAR or something!  :whistle:  Last night I scoured Fleebay to no Avail!  I pulled the Trigger on that Pump and your right GREAT PRICE!  :woohoo:    Now find me a $200.00 Bucket to my door!  :ychain:

Awesome!

I've had that pump in my ebay watch list for a while now.  I figured I 'd be able to let someone know on the board to pick one up if they were doing a loader build.  I'm glad you got it!

That's a bummer on the CTC bucket.  Freight adds a lot, that's for sure.  CTC fabs up  a great bucket.

In the PDF and DXF file I sent you, the 7th shape down is the mounting plate pattern for the d21 pump.  Using an old mule drive for a pump carrier is a good option and was definitely my fall back had I not sourced super cheap CNC laser cutting for my build.

• Like 1

Dennys502

That pump mount is a little different than mine - mine was an early one - they made it a little cheaper.

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

• Like 2

HorseFixer

I am going to be needing to rebuild a Cessna 30922-2C 3 Spool Control Valve. I need a rebuild kit for this Valve. Does anyone know where to get one? I have searched and searched and the only thing I have found is this PDF uploaded of an EATON 30922 Valve with a Seal Repair Kit 30952-900 whether this is the same valve I have not a clue. Does anyone know about these ARK LOADER Valves? Any help much appreciated! :handgestures-thumbupright:   Thanks ~Duke

DSCN9903.thumb.JPG.248c829497777fce675f68956513aaa8.JPG

DSCN9899.JPG

DSCN9902.JPG

11-507.pdf

MalMac

Duke, I am not 100% on this but I believe Eaton acquired Cessna a few years back.

• Like 1

HorseFixer
7 hours ago, MalMac said:

Duke, I am not 100% on this but I believe Eaton acquired Cessna a few years back.

Well that's the only thing I can figure because of the PDF File I found but I am not 100% Sure. I thought others on here may have rebuilt their valves and know more about it.  :think:

HorseFixer
4 hours ago, MalMac said:

Yeah but the price Isn't Interesting 1 Bit!   :(  At present I have quotes out to a CNC Metal Fab Shop to Cut out mounting Brackets and also cut out parts for a New Bucket all of which I will weld together. I hope it all comes in at a decent price.

• Like 1

MalMac

Oh yeah that price is way out there. I just posted it so you could see the description where it labeled it Eaton-Cessna. 

I need to get a new bucket or at or at least get this one patched up.

Edited by MalMac
  • Like 1

WNYPCRepair
On 4/3/2017 at 9:50 PM, Snowmobileaddict said:

Brian,

This is an honest to goodness Kwikway, factory pump mount for a 5Xi.  The photo was from an ebay listing I missed out on like 4 years ago...

KGrHqZHJCoE-v8DQDFJBP20fKymw60_57_zpscil

pump%20mount_zpsosr6g4nz.png

I pretty much copied it and took some liberties at the CNC cutter to improve the look when I built mine (below) for my Kwikway-5Xi project

D056B961-4EAC-473B-B49A-A04A7D820906_zps

That is almost exactly like the original. I'm going to have to rework mine, it is too hard to adjust the belt tension.

On 4/4/2017 at 2:02 PM, Dennys502 said:

That pump mount is a little different than mine - mine was an early one - they made it a little cheaper.

DSC_0009.JPG

Thanks guys. Between the two sets of pics, I should be able to cobble something together

On 4/4/2017 at 1:02 PM, HorseFixer said:

I would check with a local fabricator. My bucket is 48" wide, 3/16 thick, with 1/4" cutting edge on bottom and sides, local shop made it for $450. Or just have them make the bends you need in a 43" piece, and weld the ends and cutting edge on yourself.

Edit - should have finished reading first. :)

Edited by WNYPCRepair

HorseFixer

Yeah those are some of the parts I'm gonna have cut to support the round support poles to the Uprights.  I need my bucket 43" wide to clear my stable doors. I am having him price out the pieces I will weld myself. I am having him supply a 3" wide X 1/2 Stiffner strip for the top[ so I can bolt on a Ring and a hook for lifting things. Also the same for the bottom for a cutting edge. :)

BUCKET.thumb.jpg.a7b52565d025f12efed21a6c8e8ab617.jpg

58e5a3ec609fd_BACKBUCUCKET.thumb.jpg.1a2a351e0a50c358dd57d6da86d92c91.jpg

58e5a4001e61c_BUCKETMATERIALS.png.80d47911ab5898bd7b8bf6b0e1bd4ace.png

• Like 1

roadapples

@HorseFixer Duke, I have an Ark loader with nearly the same bucket. They`re known for not tilting back very far. If I were building one from scratch, I would make the brackets on back of the bucket deeper on the bottom than on the top. That way you could haul more with the bucket closer to the ground.   :twocents-02cents:  I think I`m right, never had geometry....

• Like 2