Elkskin's mower junkyard

was going through my paint tonight

Elkskin's mower junkyard

i was going through my paint tonight. my 701 i am going to do a little different. yes it will be red and white lol. many people use a off white for rims. i know its close but to me dont look right. i am going to do what i did to my sears ss15 gloss white rims. and i think what ill do to set it different from others is pulleys, lift parts, engine block, rear hubs, and maybe a few other things will be gloss black. tractor itself will be gloss sunrise red.

• Like 2

HorseFixer

It's your Tractor, which means you can do it anyway you want. On the newer tractors like 400 and 500 series I like white rims instead of the silver. The White makes them POP in my opinion. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Good luck with it.

P3230360.thumb.JPG.de3933a476d5a2e76d53de4cdd0b8e49.JPG

• Like 3

Chris G

This is done with gloss white, gloss black and gloss sunrise red. Give ya a idea what the color combo will look like.

IMG_20160715_113300357_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 minute ago, Chris G said:

This is done with gloss white, gloss black and gloss sunrise red. Give ya a idea what the color combo will look like.

IMG_20160715_113300357_HDR.jpg

that looks cool. i got hy-2 lift on my 701

• Like 1

Chris G

Thanks. Ya the hydraulic lift is great, I don't have it for the 702 pictured. But I had a 702 that had it and regret selling that one for sure.

Elkskin's mower junkyard
7 minutes ago, Chris G said:

Thanks. Ya the hydraulic lift is great, I don't have it for the 702 pictured. But I had a 702 that had it and regret selling that one for sure.

my 701 has a 62 frame. i had to cheng frame due to a wrecked transmount plate. i had to move bettery box on the 62 frame to acoomidate the 701 steering. my dad has a 502 that he really likes. and its the machine that got me into tractors

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Nice Very Nice! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

On the older Oliver tractors, the wheel rims bolted to the centers. Red centers, green rims or in reverse, and they look super cool. Maybe put a red line on the wheels about where the rim breaks plane with the wheel center? Doing that would also be a good way to repair tire mounting scratches without painting the entire wheel Just a FYI--You can buy pin striping tape that leaves a clean edge and can bend a radius at auto parts stores.

https://www.johnweeks.com/tour/oliver/pages/photos-super77drednf.html

armyvetwh

the pin stripping on the wheel's sounds great. now i really have to get a camera so i can start documenting the work i do on my yard tractor's. that way i can post them from start to finish.:think: