tallen4392

commando 8 clutch slips

tallen4392

Hi it seems like the clutch is slipping on my commando 8  it does not look like you can adj it only the pedal has an adjustment could it be worn out belt maybe ?????????

pfrederi

Belt could be slipping, How bad is it?  also could have sheared a key in the input pulley (watch it and see if the shaft and pulley turn together (use a felt tip to make a mark on each and see if it shifts). same with each axle and hub s that key(s) could have sheared.

One off the wall possibility.  One of your rear tires lost air pressure and the bead broke free.  Wheel would turn but not always would the tire.  actually happened on my L107 several years ago.

New belt I would recommend get a real WH belt.  I find after market ones to be a bit jerky on manula trannies.  (I use after market for hydros and other uses but stick with OEM for sticks.

tallen4392

Iit is nothing like that when driving around the  yard in any of  the gears and open throttle it does not get up and go engine rpm goes up but tractor does not go any faster feels like a car when the clutch slips ????????

napa belts no good ?????

Edited by tallen4392

Ed Kennell

Mark the hubs and axles with the marker like Paul suggested on the tranny input pulley.   If any one of these three shafts/axles are slipping in the hub/pulley or if the belt is slipping, the engine power will not get to the ground.