Sign in to follow this  
Porangi

227-5 Transmission Belt Size

Porangi

Hi all,

Just a little bit of information regarding replacement drive belts for the 227-5 in the UK if you are not buying OEM that might help someone in the future.

The part number listed is 108427, which specs out as:

• Top width: 13mm
  • Depth: 8mm
  • Outside Length: 2235mm = 87.99"

Sadly, a number of the first sites I found didn't specify that the 88" is the outside measurement so I having trusted their information and with the old belt still installed I just ordered A88s.  

Anyway, as I'm sure you all know, belts are sold based on the internal measurement therefore you would require A86! 

Actually now having spent some more time digging for information about the belt I have found sites specifying 88 as the outer diameter. including http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/, which seems like a pretty handy website.

Regards

Chris

gwest_ca

Belts can be very confusing.

If you need a B width belt that is 5/8" wide the industrial belts add 3" to the length.

A B85 would be 88" around the outside.

Garry

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Tinman1962
      By Tinman1962
      Recently got hold of a 656 it's has a "newer" 61/2 Briggs on it I don't believe that's right any ideas about that
    • jmack
      By jmack
      What’s the correct v-belt size for a xi drive belt connecting to a 60” deck?  

Just shredded mine today. 
    • ryobi.warrior
      By ryobi.warrior
      The belt on my Wheel Horse 314-8 mower deck (05-37SC01) appears to be contacting the deck bracket between the spindle pulleys. I am a novice when it comes to Wheel Horse maintenance (at best), but this does not seem correct.

I recently inherited this Wheel Horse, so I do not know the maintenance history. Unfortunately, the mechanic who previously worked on it was a no-show for a scheduled maintenance visit.

Any advice on how to address this? Thanks in advance... this seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending time here!

Photos (please forgive the dirt and grime, I plan to clean it up!): https://imgur.com/a/4PknZuJ

• seven
      By seven
      Does anyone know what size belt is required for the rear mounted tiller off of a charger 12
    • JackHorse
      By JackHorse
      Hi Guys, Had a random occurrence this week. Mowing along with my C85 eight speed in 1 low (grass was thick and wet), went to depress clutch and the drive belt jumped off the idler. I've had this tractor 3 years and it's been working great.  The belt itself looks good except the top of it was a bit chewed up in a short section which I believe happened after it came off.  I put the belt back on and continued to mow with no further issue.  Any ideas as to why this would happen or adjustments I might need to make to prevent another incident? Thanks